SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:36 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
1UP wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Just giving a heads up, if you see some threads disappear (ones I personally created) it's because I am removing them. This is inspired by guys like Swill, Drum, etc. Guys who aren't "on a side" of any argument, who want to keep their friendships with both sides but find it increasingly difficult to do so with continued back and forths. Guys like them are probably in the worst spot as each time they talk to guys on either side they'll feel the pressure to feel like they have to see that sides point of view and condemn the other or else be seen as "condoning the other sides actions". It's a position that I would imagine makes those people feel like they are "the bad guys" to both sides and it's not a fun spot to be in.

I think even if people don't care to make concessions or apologies to certain people it's probably a good idea not to forget there are more then two sides to this thing. There are two sides arguing but there is another side to it that is kind of stuck in the crossfire. Me and Swill didn't have the most constructive exchange about this in one of the threads in question but just because we don't see eye to eye on every point doesn't mean I am going to auto-dismiss every point he makes either. So if I can do a little something to make things a little less stressful for guys kind of in the middle of these back and forths I might as well make the attempt rather then just say "well I shouldn't do anything cause it probably won't change the drama anyways". If we do nothing just because we believe "it's no use cause nothing is going to change anyways" then that just assures nothing will ever get done.

Now none of this means I'll be deleting posts you guys make if you decide to speak out on these issues as I'm not going to force you guys to take my stance. You guys are all your own person and can choose to discuss what you want to discuss, can choose to delete your own comments or leave them be as you see fit. Of course any posts you had in those threads I created will disappear because I am removing the thread itself not your individual comments. Comments you guys make on other threads about any of these issues will remain in place. Anyways, I just wanted to give you guys the heads up in case you scratch your head wondering what happened to some of the recent threads.

You already did that by deleting the thread with everone's responses in it. If they don't like it then they have the option to not read it. It's as simple as that. As I have stated in the past people go out of their way to be offended. Deleting a thread doesn't magically fix the problems that existed weather they believe it will or not. Shit doesn't work that way.

If you give swill an inch, he's gonna ask for that next mile. People being asked to not say things because it hurt someone's feelings is the reason it got to this point to begin with.

Swill didn't ask me to remove the posts, he just questioned whether it was a good idea to make in the first place. The decision to remove them was all my own. There was no like PM lobbying or anything. Of course there's also the matter of Paul tweeting out about forum changes with the code of conduct link in it. After clicking on that and reading that I feel like some of those posts goes against the grain of what Paul has in mind for the site. Now Paul has never asked me to take a single post or thread down, hasn't said a word to me about anything I have posted here but again it's a personal decision. It's the combination of thinking about guys like Drum and Swill and then happening upon Paul's Tweet and just deciding for myself "Eh, maybe I should just move on from this shit". It's not like people are going to unsee those threads or forget where our stances and opinions are on things.

Then that should be listed on this site and not twitter.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:04 pm
1UP wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
1UP wrote:

You already did that by deleting the thread with everone's responses in it. If they don't like it then they have the option to not read it. It's as simple as that. As I have stated in the past people go out of their way to be offended. Deleting a thread doesn't magically fix the problems that existed weather they believe it will or not. Shit doesn't work that way.

If you give swill an inch, he's gonna ask for that next mile. People being asked to not say things because it hurt someone's feelings is the reason it got to this point to begin with.

Swill didn't ask me to remove the posts, he just questioned whether it was a good idea to make in the first place. The decision to remove them was all my own. There was no like PM lobbying or anything. Of course there's also the matter of Paul tweeting out about forum changes with the code of conduct link in it. After clicking on that and reading that I feel like some of those posts goes against the grain of what Paul has in mind for the site. Now Paul has never asked me to take a single post or thread down, hasn't said a word to me about anything I have posted here but again it's a personal decision. It's the combination of thinking about guys like Drum and Swill and then happening upon Paul's Tweet and just deciding for myself "Eh, maybe I should just move on from this shit". It's not like people are going to unsee those threads or forget where our stances and opinions are on things.

The thing is I'm finding that every time I make one of those threads it just ends up being a rehash of the other threads like it. So it kind of becomes like instead of just pointing out issues I'm becoming like the catalyst for just the same trash talk that it devolves into as the thread goes on. I mean like I said you guys can make threads and talk about what you want to and if Paul has no issue with it I sure won't either. I'm just deciding for myself not to be an instigator and egg the shit on which is basically what I am doing if I keep making threads like that. It's not just about Swill and Drum either it's having guys like Plier come over and be a member and then have to just kind of sit there watching people talk shit about guys he gets together to play Socom with. If I'm supposed to be a mod here, sure I might be a very lax one but the least I can do is make sure I myself am not the one posting content to make things awkward for the guys outside the drama who don't want to get mixed up in it or have to listen to it. Like i said I'm not trying to control what you guys do but I'd like to do a better job at least controlling what I do.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:22 pm
Well Plierr or anyone else who likes Tawok is more than welcome to come here, nobody is going to give them a hard time. I think most of us think hes a good kid who loves socom who just happens to like Tawoks content. Thats great, I could care less if he likes Tawok. I played with him and Karim last night and it was alot of fun, they blew the fuck out of the other team.

Plierr was booted from our Discord once by Evo and I lobbied for Evo to let him back in. I told him who cares if hes friends with someone we hate. Same thing goes for Analog who is a good friend of mine. He loves Tawok and all those guys, I dont hold that against him. Hes a standup guy with his own opinions and thats fine.

I understand the whole we dont want people to get caught in the crossfire viewpoint, but people are in the crossfire regardless of it being discussed here or not. People can pretend there arnt sides, there clearly is. And I can only speak from my side in that I know our side wont be giving anyone a hard time on these forums for liking someones content that we dont like. I liked most of Bigfrys content when hes not making begging/whining videos and I never had anyone come at me for liking it.

If its simply a case of you not wanting to make those topics anymore (and that appears to be the case), then I am ok with this. But if topics moving forward made by people like us are going to be censored or deleted, its gonna get sour here.

1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:28 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
1UP wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

The thing is I'm finding that every time I make one of those threads it just ends up being a rehash of the other threads like it. So it kind of becomes like instead of just pointing out issues I'm becoming like the catalyst for just the same trash talk that it devolves into as the thread goes on. I mean like I said you guys can make threads and talk about what you want to and if Paul has no issue with it I sure won't either. I'm just deciding for myself not to be an instigator and egg the shit on which is basically what I am doing if I keep making threads like that. It's not just about Swill and Drum either it's having guys like Plier come over and be a member and then have to just kind of sit there watching people talk shit about guys he gets together to play Socom with. If I'm supposed to be a mod here, sure I might be a very lax one but the least I can do is make sure I myself am not the one posting content to make things awkward for the guys outside the drama who don't want to get mixed up in it or have to listen to it. Like i said I'm not trying to control what you guys do but I'd like to do a better job at least controlling what I do.

You referenced a CoC on twitter but it wasn't on this site is what I am saying.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:53 pm
dizee wrote:Well Plierr or anyone else who likes Tawok is more than welcome to come here, nobody is going to give them a hard time. I think most of us think hes a good kid who loves socom who just happens to like Tawoks content. Thats great, I could care less if he likes Tawok. I played with him and Karim last night and it was alot of fun, they blew the fuck out of the other team.

Plierr was booted from our Discord once by Evo and I lobbied for Evo to let him back in.  I told him who cares if hes friends with someone we hate. Same thing goes for Analog who is a good friend of mine. He loves Tawok and all those guys, I dont hold that against him. Hes a standup guy with his own opinions and thats fine.

I understand the whole we dont want people to get caught in the crossfire viewpoint, but people are in the crossfire regardless of it being discussed here or not. People can pretend there arnt sides, there clearly is. And I can only speak from my side in that I know our side wont be giving anyone a hard time on these forums for liking someones content that we dont like. I liked most of Bigfrys content when hes not making begging/whining videos and I never had anyone come at me for liking it.

If its simply a case of you not wanting to make those topics anymore (and that appears to be the case), then I am ok with this. But if topics moving forward made by people like us are going to be censored or deleted, its gonna get sour here.

Yeah like I said it's just my own thing. This is not like a Swill situation where now all of a sudden I'm going to jump into threads wagging my fingers at you guys any time you bring up subjects related to issues with people in the community lol. Doesn't mean my opinions have changed or that I suddenly now disagree with gripes people have here.

See one thing to dizee is I know what you say in regards to people like Plier is true as far as you don't mind who is friends with who. But I mean my thinking is if he or people like him come to this forum and 90% of the discussion on the forum is about the issue with the guys like Tawok where does he fit in here? I mean like if those are what all the active topics are about is he going to want to even participate and post? Now this is the part where it comes back to me. There were three threads or so I posted that created the biggest whirlwinds with lots of views and replies. My threads were a big part if not the biggest part of why the forum has been stuck 90% of the time focused on that issue. So if I remove myself from it that might not end all talk on the subject but maybe cut it down to where there might be room for other topics of discussion to pop up that others here might be interested in posting in to.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
To be perfectly clear, I don't feel a single iota of pressure in any way shape or form. I couldn't care less what people on either side think of myself, my actions, or the things I say. It's pretty clear at this point that my aim is to try and mend this whole situation by trying my best to bring the two sides together in some form in order to help achieve something that's more important than us all as individuals. Anyone who doesn't like it can tell me to shut the fuck up, ignore me, whatever they want to do. I don't have an issue with it either way.

Lastly, me personally, I don't want to see threads deleted or people's comments being removed. I may not agree with certain threads or comments, but once they're up, I'd rather them stay up then be taken down. If a person has a genuine interest in trying to solve the drama and see the situation become more positive, I simply prefer that people think about what they post before they post it. If it doesn't help things in a positive way, consider what you're posting. However, in the end, do what you want. I have absolutely no right to dictate what people can post or not post, nor would I ever have any interest in having that kind of power.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
1UP wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
1UP wrote:

You referenced a CoC on twitter but it wasn't on this site is what I am saying.

Oh I know and I'm not even sure if that's active or if that's just part of what he is making for his new site design since it was attached to his "check out the new forum" tweet, maybe having like a more professional rule guideline or something. But I'm just saying like even if this is not something we are currently strictly enforcing I want to at least do a better job of policing myself if I'm supposed to have the title of mod. Like I said I'm not one whose looking to intervene in what you guys discuss but that doesn't mean I should be walking over to the fire and throwing a bunch of giant logs on it either if that makes sense lol.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 am
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
I'm not one whose looking to intervene in what you guys discuss but that doesn't mean I should be walking over to the fire and throwing a bunch of giant logs on it either if that makes sense lol.

I can respect this stance.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum