SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

TRS Forums "read only mode" Empty TRS Forums "read only mode"

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
What do you guys think? Said they'll still be hosting live streams, allowing use of the PM system and such, just no use of the forum itself. Beginning of the phase out of the site? I mean if that's what they want to do I get it, it's been so many years now with not even a hint of any new Socom project but I mean if the site is going to stay up for streams and private messaging wouldn't they still have to pay the same hosting fees for having the site running? I guess what I'm wondering is why close down the forums if they aren't closing down the site itself? I mean if they do plan to eventually shut down the site and wanted to give people a chance to still communicate in PM to exchange ways to stay in touch outside the site that would be a cool gesture but at least according to the claim in the post that isn't what they are doing. They plan to still keep the site alive.
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

TRS Forums "read only mode" Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:26 pm
I think they should transfer all the material to another forum which is free like mine and let it ride for ever. Also, what caused this to happen? anyone know.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:46 pm
TRS Forums "read only mode" 14302410
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:47 pm
I guess I missed all the drama over there..
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:57 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
There really wasnt any new drama that happened that would warrant a closure of the forums. The drama that happened last Friday was kept off of the forums for the most part.

I think this was a decision made mostly by the owners for whatever reason. I dont wanna speculate on what those reasons may or may not be. It would have been a nice gesture to let people have a heads up though.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:15 pm
I guess its time to bring the bar fight over to our new dive bar (this place). 

*hurls insults at dizee* 

Ha, jk, next rounds on me (dizee included).
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:33 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
I think they are assholes for not extending us the respect and decency of a short warning period that was the action they were going to take. A good bye's or we will be migrating here thread would of been the respectful way of going about things for the users that have been there for years. I just happened to catch Paul's post at the right time and can't even see that anymore now.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:46 pm
There is really no hard feelings xcazx. I dont take anything said on a message board personal.

I agree with you Buchanans, it is a pretty scummy thing to do. They made no mention or notice that they were considering doing it, either in public or private. But at the same time I dont really blame them. The forums are mostly dead and only active for offtopic things or when someone manufactures drama. I personally dont care either way, but if they want to close shop, why not actually close shop? Why bother keeping them as read only, IMO just close the entire site down and everyone can move on.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum