SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 2 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:58 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
They left the read only out of spite.  There is zero reason to have the site up if people cant use it, they left it read only just to rub it in our faces.  there was literally no reason to make the site read only, there was no drama, no fighting, no nothing, making it read only doesnt save them money or anything, so whats the point of it?
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:04 am
I don't blame them for making the forums read only. 
I blame them for them not showing respect to their members of not giving them a short heads up. 

If they had said in one week we have decided to make the forums read only. It would of allowed people to post up their respectful good byes to the site, start a will be migrating to here thread, or you can follow me here posts, etc.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:07 am
Buchanans wrote:I don't blame them for making the forums read only. 
I blame them for them not showing respect to their members of not giving them a short heads up. 

If they had said in one week we have decided to make the forums read only. It would of allowed people to post up their respectful good byes to the site, start a will be migrating to here thread, or you can follow me here posts, etc.
but that would have taken the fun out of what they did.  the whole point of them doing that was to piss everyone off and try and make a point, giving people a warning would have taken away from that.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 am
I dont know and I dont wanna speculate. I will say this though, the sites ownership seemed to be incredibly out of touch with the sites core usergroup.  I have zero inside knowledge so my experience is the only thing I can go on and thats what I saw.

They never answered any inquiries the few times I asked them if they were interested in having the TRS Youtube/Twitch channel being pushed so that the channel could be promoting SOCOM on a daily basis instead of having random streamers pop up here and there. They could have easily had a variety of people streaming on a TRS channel for 6-12hours a day atleast of Socom content had they agreed.

They gave the eseals their own section on the forums, knowing full well that a large majority on the site did not want it nor care about it. Go look at the eseals section, it has literally nobody posting there except the eseals creator and website admin.

At the end of the day, they probably said it isnt worth it anymore and just decided to shut it down but wanted to keep important/relevant content from being deleted.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:28 am
In all seriousness, them making it read only, with little explanation and no for-warning is a slap in the face to the people who still used the site. 

The way I see it is its there site to close down if they choose, but the people making the decision should face the audience and give some sort of explanation. Instead of sending animal out there with some weak ass post basically amounting to "sorry guys, TRS is closed". 

This entire situation reeks of some crybabies bitching and moaning behind the scenes to the admin until the admin said "fuck it, were just shutting it down".
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 am
xCaZx wrote:In all seriousness, them making it read only, with little explanation and no for-warning is a slap in the face to the people who still used the site. 

The way I see it is its there site to close down if they choose, but the people making the decision should face the audience and give some sort of explanation. Instead of sending animal out there with some weak ass post basically amounting to "sorry guys, TRS is closed". 

This entire situation reeks of some crybabies bitching and moaning behind the scenes to the admin until the admin said "fuck it, were just shutting it down".
The people who get screwed over the most by this stupid decision by TRS are the people like Harry and 1UP, who use the website as a hub to release their SOCOM content. The whole "message animal if you want a post updated" is a really inconvenient way for them to get a patch updated etc. They arnt gonna bother doing that when they see how long it will take to have a post edited. They are just simply gonna post somewhere else, discord or another website altogether. 

You are probably onto something and I honestly wouldnt be surprised but I am not gonna speculate. The fact is in the last week more drama occurred but almost all of it was kept off the website and like I said, it wouldnt have even warranted a forum closing up because its the same old same old that we all have seen before.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 am
dizee wrote:
xCaZx wrote:In all seriousness, them making it read only, with little explanation and no for-warning is a slap in the face to the people who still used the site. 

The people who get screwed over the most by this stupid decision by TRS are the people like Harry and 1UP, who use the website as a hub to release their SOCOM content. The whole "message animal if you want a post updated" is a really inconvenient way for them to get a patch updated etc. They arnt gonna bother doing that when they see how long it will take to have a post edited. They are just simply gonna post somewhere else, discord or another website altogether. 

You are probably onto something and I honestly wouldnt be surprised but I am not gonna speculate. The fact is in the last week more drama occurred but almost all of it was kept off the website and like I said, it wouldnt have even warranted a forum closing up because its the same old same old that we all have seen before.

TRS was supposed to be the HUB for all things Socom. They literally just slammed the door on all the stuff those guys were doing on X Link, Socom on PC, and all the work they were doing on trying to get the servers up and running again. 

I agree, those guys have no reason to bother with "updating" anything. ...and what? the rest of us are supposed to go check TRS to see if someone has jumped through the hoops of updating something? and even if they did we can provide zero feedback...lol screw that.
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:24 am
I changed my avatar back over there to a "read only" variety. 

I encourage others to express themselves in a similar manner. Particularly the three of you that are on the main page in the recent post sidebar.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum