SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 3 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:47 am
Classless move. For weak reasons. I have no issue hanging here. Same guys different site. No drama and flip flopping.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 am
Buchanans wrote:I changed my avatar back over there to a "read only" variety. 

I encourage others to express themselves in a similar manner. Particularly the three of you that are on the main page in the recent post sidebar.
i tried but it wont let me. I dont have permission for that...  i guess they noticed you doing it and put a stop to it already.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:48 am
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
Buchanans wrote:I changed my avatar back over there to a "read only" variety. 

I encourage others to express themselves in a similar manner. Particularly the three of you that are on the main page in the recent post sidebar.
i tried but it wont let me. I dont have permission for that...  i guess they noticed you doing it and put a stop to it already.

That right there shows that shutting them down was punitive on their part. Why on Earth would they freeze that feature otherwise?
Anonymous

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:24 pm
Since it's relevant I'll just post what I responded to Buchanans with when he PMed me last night:

"I'm sorry you don't agree with our decision on the timing of the change but we felt it was the best option when we considered the personality types of our more eccentric members and what they might do if given advance warning of a forum lock up. Now add all the people who don't even normally post but for some reason have a reason to dump on this place like SOF fanboys or just some lurking troll like this community has always had.

Think of how much chaos one person could cause if they had 9 or 10 hours while I was at work to do whatever they wanted. Then multiply that when everyone sees what's going on and they all jump on the bandwagon. You know we have more than enough of those type of people in our community to do some major damage.

So again I'm sorry it was so sudden but the staff all agreed that ripping the band-aid off quickly was the most favorable course of action."

The talk about changing avatars is evidence of this possibility, now multiply that for the more vitriolic community members. We also didn't want any thread owners deleting or changing threads last minute out of spite and depriving everyone of the information contained within like the patch or emulator threads.

Last edited by Animal-_- on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:31 pm
Also we didn't slam the door on anyone updating their threads. Type what you were goung to type anyways, copy/paste into a PM to me and presto!

Pretending we're breaking anyone's back in that way is purely hyperbolic.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:37 pm
Animal-_- wrote:Since it's relevant I'll just post what I responded to Buchanans with when he PMed me last night:

"I'm sorry you don't agree with our decision on the timing of the change but we felt it was the best option when we considered the personality types of our more eccentric members and what they might do if given advance warning of a forum lock up. Now add all the people who don't even normally post but for some reason have a reason to dump on this place like SOF fanboys or just some lurking troll like this community has always had.

Think of how much chaos one person could cause if they had 9 or 10 hours while I was at work to do whatever they wanted. Then multiply that when everyone sees what's going on and they all jump on the bandwagon. You know we have more than enough of those type of people in our community to do some major damage.

So again I'm sorry it was so sudden but the staff all agreed that ripping the band-aid off quickly was the most favorable course of action."

The talk about changing avatars is evidence of this possibility, now multiply that for the more vitriolic community members.

I dont think anyone would cause any chaos that couldnt be immediately dealt with by banning them. And what "chaos" do you mean? Some shit posting? Or stupid thread titles that could be deleted? Doesnt seem like much of a danger.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:41 pm
Animal-_- wrote:Since it's relevant I'll just post what I responded to Buchanans with when he PMed me last night:

The talk about changing avatars is evidence of this possibility, now multiply that for the more vitriolic community members.  We also didn't want any thread owners deleting or changing threads last minute out of spite and depriving everyone of the information contained within like the patch or emulator threads.
you guys should really just pull the plug completely.  pretend that site never existed, you are just half assing it right now, do it right or dont do it at all.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:42 pm
Animal-_- wrote:Also we didn't slam the door on anyone updating their threads.  Type what you were goung to type anyways, copy/paste into a PM to me and presto!

Pretending we're breaking anyone's back in that way is purely hyperbolic.
who is going to visit a forum where you cant post?  what would be the point of updating anything?  nobody is going to go back there for anything.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum