SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 13 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:38 pm
Buchanans wrote:Question to people here. What about this actually upsets you? 

For me it is the way they did it. I think it was classless and disrespectful to the community as a whole that have been there supporting the site to make it read only without warning. Would there of been a few people that did somewhat stupid things? Maybe. But I think that is part of the process they needed to prepare to weather to insure majority of people that would handle it maturely were treated with respect and dignity. 

Now while I also disagree on their choice to lock the forums I don't ultimately have a problem with that, my problem is with the way they did it. They did it with disregard for their users across the board. 

But I'm curious how many of us would be displeased to the level we are if they had given us a reasonable lock date, a heads up? I ask because I think the TRS staff is further disrespecting it's former users by claiming we are pissed about the forum being shut down. While that may be partly true I think most of us are upset in the manner it was done more then anything.
if they wanted to shut the place down i wouldnt have liked it, but it also would not have been that big of a deal.  if they would have come out and said "hey guys we are pulling the plug in a week, you all can go to pauls site and continue there, heres the link bla bla bla"  that would have been fine, but what did they do instead? "hey fuck you guys, you all suck, now excuse me while i wash tawoks balls for him"
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:44 pm
My problem is not with the decision the place the forums in read only but with how it was done.

Personally, I think I’m more pissed at their responses here. The disrespect and disdain Luke is showing the community is actually quite surprising. Then to go out of the way to delete their accounts together, in some showing of solidarity, is childish and completely unnecessary.

TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 pm

For me it is the way they did it. I think it was classless and disrespectful to the community as a whole that have been there supporting the site to make it read only without warning. Would there of been a few people that did somewhat stupid things? Maybe. But I think that is part of the process they needed to prepare to weather to insure majority of people that would handle it maturely were treated with respect and dignity. 

Now while I also disagree on their choice to lock the forums I don't ultimately have a problem with that, my problem is with the way they did it. They did it with disregard for their users across the board. 

But I'm curious how many of us would be displeased to the level we are if they had given us a reasonable lock date, a heads up? I ask because I think the TRS staff is further disrespecting it's former users by claiming we are pissed about the forum being shut down. While that may be partly true I think most of us are upset in the manner it was done more then anything.
If I am being completely honest what they did really didn't bother me that much. I mean sure when I first logged on the site and saw the "read only" statement I kind of raised an eyebrow and thought "Well this seems a bit extreme" but I mean my reaction was mostly a shoulder shrug and a "guess we'll just have to find a new venue to keep in touch". I guess it didn't really seem like a big deal for me because of the way the site had been run for the last year or so. I was kind of at the not really caring what they do with the site mindset for quite some time now as a result of more recent events.

It was when Luke came on here and responded that actually bothered me more then what actually happened with the site. Then to try to bolster his narrative he sourced a troll like Porsche for nailing what was wrong with the site. A guy who would do things like come to post when a place like Zipper shut down to say "Haha, you stupid vets won't be getting your Socom 2 now". His one sided blame (as well as blame here for some of the things the other side was actually guilty of) and comical Porsche pick as the "voice of reason" for what was wrong with the site was far more off putting and did more to hurt some of the respect I had for him then the act of shutting down the forums.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 pm

The way it was done and then the half assed snide responses here.

Its their site, if they want to shut it down its their right to do so. But not having the courtesy and respect to give people a heads up and a chance to say goodbyes and exchange contact info was pretty classless. The responses here as well.

I mean Christ they could have easily posted it in the Private Forum and kept it from the "SOF trolls and unstable members" they cited as the bullshit reason why they didnt and all of this would have been avoided.

Just a shitty way to handle it with an equally shitty explanation.
Bacterin
Bacterin
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://www.youtube.com/SilhouetteHQ

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:29 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
It's almost not surprising. But don't worry because this means nothing in the long run.
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:51 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

If I am being completely honest what they did really didn't bother me that much. I mean sure when I first logged on the site and saw the "read only" statement I kind of raised an eyebrow and thought "Well this seems a bit extreme" but I mean my reaction was mostly a shoulder shrug and a "guess we'll just have to find a new venue to keep in touch". I guess it didn't really seem like a big deal for me because of the way the site had been run for the last year or so. I was kind of at the not really caring what they do with the site mindset for quite some time now as a result of more recent events.

It was when Luke came on here and responded that actually bothered me more then what actually happened with the site. Then to try to bolster his narrative he sourced a troll like Porsche for nailing what was wrong with the site. A guy who would do things like come to post when a place like Zipper shut down to say "Haha, you stupid vets won't be getting your Socom 2 now". His one sided blame (as well as blame here for some of the things the other side was actually guilty of) and comical Porsche pick as the "voice of reason" for what was wrong with the site was far more off putting and did more to hurt some of the respect I had for him then the act of shutting down the forums.
The way they handled it here definitely made it worse. And they could of come here and made it better. How hard would it of been to say perhaps we didn't fully consider our actions and then gone back and posted a few redirects or let people edit their profile page,etc. 

I have zero respect for them closing the forums with no warning like that. It is the sort of thing that can sever contact between people. While I do not know if that is the case here with anybody or to what severity or importance, if any, it's the principle that they showed a callous disregard for what a community is and what sort of effect their actions could have. For example on a different site I lost contact with two people I actually had met in person due to the site being hacked. Was down for so long they just never got back on and the contact is gone. That of course was not the fault of that particular site but an example of the effect this sort of action can have. While I may not be throwing them into the same scumbag bucket that Slick has I do agree that this was a chance blown and another should not be given. Not that they care.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Buchanans wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

The way they handled it here definitely made it worse. And they could of come here and made it better. How hard would it of been to say perhaps we didn't fully consider our actions and then gone back and posted a few redirects or let people edit their profile page,etc. 

I have zero respect for them closing the forums with no warning like that. It is the sort of thing that can sever contact between people. While I do not know if that is the case here with anybody or to what severity or importance, if any, it's the principle that they showed a callous disregard for what a community is and what sort of effect their actions could have. For example on a different site I lost contact with two people I actually had met in person due to the site being hacked. Was down for so long they just never got back on and the contact is gone. That of course was not the fault of that particular site but an example of the effect this sort of action can have. While I may not be throwing them into the same scumbag bucket that Slick has I do agree that this was a chance blown and another should not be given. Not that they care.

No. I can guarantee that Luke doesnt give 2 fucks what you think and wont read any of this shit.

He came here and gave his half assed bullshit explanation simply to have a reason to fool himself into telling himself he faced it head on and didnt pull the stunt like a thief in the night. Which is what actually happened.

Now he can tell himself "Hey, I faced the music and stood tall", which is total bullshit.

But he will never revisit any of this and look at the reaction to it because of a combination of contempt and total lack of awareness.

Although Im sure hes enjoying the pats on his back and high 5s from the whining faggots that drove him to this.

"Hey bro great job nuking your website so people we dont like dont get to post there anymore!"

"Way to take a stand against toxicity bro!"

slurp, slurp

Well done.....
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 am

What bothers me about the whole situation is how they came here and continued to hide behind the "no news and content" front for shutting down the site instead of being honest. It was shutdown because they have no leadership now and moving forward, have no moderators that want to deal with any possible drama in the future and because they wanted to get rid of many people on this website as they were representing TRS and they didnt like that.

Its as simple as that. They could have flat out said that, instead they tried to treat us like we cannot see right thru their BS. I could really care less about the website being read only, it doesnt effect me, I will come here instead. But if you are gonna pull a move like that, answer the bell and have the courage to be honest with the people who made that site what it became.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum