SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 12 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:43 pm
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Luke just blocked me on Twitter lol. He made a few smart ass tweets so I responded to one, within about 5 seconds I was blocked. He said something to the affect of "That moment when people who have been toxic try to recruit someone they have been toxic to" so I responded to the effect of "That moment Luke coddles the balls of people who compared his staff to Tom and SOF for not revamping the site to their liking". Guess he can dish it out but can't take it lol.

He also said something to the affect of "If you bash 8 years of volunteer work and someone's character over a forum shut down you are the problem" which is kind of strange because the people who are liking the comment are people who bashed 8 years of volunteer work and all of the staff's character for not overhauling TRS how they wanted and when they wanted it done. The dude has no self awareness and is unable to hide his extreme bias and double standard. Perhaps he should go back and read the archives of what guys like Blue, Tawok, and Big Fry were saying about the staff during that overhaul demand period.

I honestly do appreciate all the efforts Luke put in over the years to keep a fan site going for us but if his goal is to tear down all respect I had for him and act like a petulant child he's doing a fine job of that right now.
you see why i put them on the list with the other scumbags?   they are just like them, luke is no different than tom or redline or any of the other low lifes. backbones must be hard to come by these days...  oh well, i say fuck em. hopefully this is the last we see of any of them.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I wouldn't go that far. I'm not a huge fan of Luke's antics at the moment but I wouldn't put him in the redline or Tom box. I mean if Luke starts trying to hack backdoors to this site or put us through lengthy court battles I might agree with ya but I think it's being a bit over dramatic to compare him to Tom or redline lol.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:58 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Luke just blocked me on Twitter lol. He made a few smart ass tweets so I responded to one, within about 5 seconds I was blocked. He said something to the affect of "That moment when people who have been toxic try to recruit someone they have been toxic to" so I responded to the effect of "That moment Luke coddles the balls of people who compared his staff to Tom and SOF for not revamping the site to their liking". Guess he can dish it out but can't take it lol.

He also said something to the affect of "If you bash 8 years of volunteer work and someone's character over a forum shut down you are the problem" which is kind of strange because the people who are liking the comment are people who bashed 8 years of volunteer work and all of the staff's character for not overhauling TRS how they wanted and when they wanted it done. The dude has no self awareness and is unable to hide his extreme bias and double standard. Perhaps he should go back and read the archives of what guys like Blue, Tawok, and Big Fry were saying about the staff during that overhaul demand period.

I honestly do appreciate all the efforts Luke put in over the years to keep a fan site going for us but if his goal is to tear down all respect I had for him and act like a petulant child he's doing a fine job of that right now.
you see why i put them on the list with the other scumbags?   they are just like them, luke is no different than tom or redline or any of the other low lifes. backbones must be hard to come by these days...  oh well, i say fuck em. hopefully this is the last we see of any of them.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I wouldn't go that far. I'm not a huge fan of Luke's antics at the moment but I wouldn't put him in the redline or Tom box. I mean if Luke starts trying to hack backdoors to this site or put us through lengthy court battles I might agree with ya but I think it's being a bit over dramatic to compare him to Tom or redline lol.

Its not even that. Its just so obvious that this action was taken because he doesnt PERSONALLY like the people who are left posting on the site. There was no need to go through the whole song and dance and the fact that he did go through the whole song and dance was weak as fuck.

If the shoe were on the other foot and the people he personally LIKES were still active on the site it would still be up. Period. Everyone knows this yet he went through all the Kabuki Theatre of shoveling shit to try to rationalize it.

I really dont want to shit all over that place because it did a lot of good but its pretty pathetic what its come to. And the only people happy are the whining faggots who this was done in honor of who needed Luke to take his ball and go home in order for them to feel vindicated.

Again, extremely unfortunate.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:

an untrustworthy scumbag is an untrustworthy scumbag no matter the crime.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:12 pm
MACK IS GOD wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:

Its not even that. Its just so obvious that this action was taken because he doesnt PERSONALLY like the people who are left posting on the site. There was no need to go through the whole song and dance and the fact that he did go through the whole song and dance was weak as fuck.

If the shoe were on the other foot and the people he personally LIKES were still active on the site it would still be up. Period. Everyone knows this yet he went through all the Kabuki Theatre of shoveling shit to try to rationalize it.

I really dont want to shit all over that place because it did a lot of good but its pretty pathetic what its come to. And the only people happy are the whining faggots who this was done in honor of who needed Luke to take his ball and go home in order for them to feel vindicated.

Again, extremely unfortunate.
Did I call this or did I call this.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 12 JWAH5Xl

Like Swill and Tombstone said, this was never about lack of news or content. It was about drama. It was about the side Luke wanting to represent the site losing severely to ours. If the roles were reversed and if eseals was dominating the conversation on TRS or if Tawok's little group took off and put us to shame, the site would be running full steam ahead.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:46 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I think people are being way too hyperbolic. I don't agree with their decision to abruptly close down TRS, but people calling them scumbags and the like need to settle down and stop overreacting.

Again, everyone is to blame for this. The SJW crowd are to blame for labeling everyone racists and bigots. The Fun Nights crowd are to blame for allowing themselves to get caught up biting the bait, responding to them on TRS, and fucking with them on X-Link by making fake names trolling them, etc. The TRS staff is to blame for not being ruthless enough to permaban people and keep things in proper order. Everyone constantly egged everyone else on in some form or another and this is the end result.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:07 pm
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Swill wrote:I think people are being way too hyperbolic. I don't agree with their decision to abruptly close down TRS, but people calling them scumbags and the like need to settle down and stop overreacting.

Again, everyone is to blame for this. The SJW crowd are to blame for labeling everyone racists and bigots. The Fun Nights crowd are to blame for allowing themselves to get caught up biting the bait, responding to them on TRS, and fucking with them on X-Link by making fake names trolling them, etc. The TRS staff is to blame for not being ruthless enough to permaban people and keep things in proper order. Everyone constantly egged everyone else on in some form or another and this is the end result.
no i think scumbag fits perfectly.  take a look at the evidence.
1. they locked up the site out of nowhere
2. never gave anyone any kind of warning
3. came here and pointed the finger in every direction throwing the blame on us 
4. deleted their accounts here so nobody would trace their bullshit back to them
5. came back here restarted their accounts and said we couldnt be trusted with advance warning 
6. came here again and made more lame ass excuses as to why we are all at fault
7. aligned themselves with well known con artists, and shitbags
8. complained the rest of us dont like said con artists and shitbags
9. didnt even have the courtesy to point people in this direction, instead said "hur dur use da pm system"
10. strait up preached bullshit and ignore the actual facts (almost like tawok wrote for him)
11. are sticking by their bad decisions and defending them

sorry, i know some of you tend to go a littler easy on people, but when i see people acting like that i have zero respect for them and will not support them in any way shape or form. i dont giv people free passes or second chances.  if someone is willing to act like that once then they are more than capable of doing it again, and i dont have time for people that cant be trusted.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:22 pm
Swill wrote:I think people are being way too hyperbolic. I don't agree with their decision to abruptly close down TRS, but people calling them scumbags and the like need to settle down and stop overreacting.

I agree with the "hyperbolic" part. Like I said I think Luke is being a bit childish at the moment and has zero self awareness with his bias but "scumbag" is not a label I would put on him. I have had PM exchanges with Luke in the past, I think he's a good person overall when separated from the site and site politics. I just wish he would be a little more self aware of his own biases and double standards when dealing with TRS drama. Hell I have bias in me as well and tend to gravitate more towards these guys and probably have been bias in my defenses of what some guys here have done or said. But I can admit that. And I can specifically admit to things both these guys have done wrong as well as the other side. Luke seems unable to do that. There is only "blame on all sides" when speaking in blanket statements but blame on one side when he starts talking about specific incidences.

Like for example swill I didn't jump in the middle of it when you guys had your little blow out about you leaving the discord group but I browsed that exchange after the fact and I agreed with what you were saying in that thread and didn't just goo to "group think". When they were saying to you like "Oh so now you want to pretend like you are above the drama" my thoughts were "No, he's not acting like he's above the drama, what he is saying is maybe something is funny the first or the second time but maybe it gets a little old and not so funny anymore when the same stale shit happens over and over again every day for months". Sometimes these guys are wrong. And if Luke did in fact follow the TRS rules to the letter there would have been guys from both groups getting perma banned. Hell I think even I have some past "perma ban" offenses myself when I got into long drawn out threads with you where we started getting into the personal attack area.

But see I can admit these things. I can admit I have been wrong, I can admit some of these guys have been wrong. I can call out specifics of what exactly this side has done wrong as well as the other side of the coin. Luke can't seem to bring himself to do that. He gives generic "blame to go around" statements but then when he talks specifics the blame all seems to fly in one direction, know what I mean?
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:29 pm
Question to people here. What about this actually upsets you? 

For me it is the way they did it. I think it was classless and disrespectful to the community as a whole that have been there supporting the site to make it read only without warning. Would there of been a few people that did somewhat stupid things? Maybe. But I think that is part of the process they needed to prepare to weather to insure majority of people that would handle it maturely were treated with respect and dignity. 

Now while I also disagree on their choice to lock the forums I don't ultimately have a problem with that, my problem is with the way they did it. They did it with disregard for their users across the board. 

But I'm curious how many of us would be displeased to the level we are if they had given us a reasonable lock date, a heads up? I ask because I think the TRS staff is further disrespecting it's former users by claiming we are pissed about the forum being shut down. While that may be partly true I think most of us are upset in the manner it was done more then anything.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum