SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

So did anyone scoop up a PS5? - Page 4 Empty Re: So did anyone scoop up a PS5?

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 am
I tried the Ps direct and for some reason it wouldn't let me log in. Out of stock.  I do have the Walmart phone app and thought I snagged one the other day and it started spinning and it kicked me out, out of stock. I will keep trying, I am on a mission now to get one..  So did anyone scoop up a PS5? - Page 4 1f44a
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:07 am
Yeah it's been a minute since I chimed in, I'm still kicking though. Couple more things with the ps5, the load times compared to the ps4 are about 1/4 of the time, when playing ps4 games with my friends and we fast travel in a game I will get there almost instantly, maybe 5 seconds while they are looking at 20 seconds to spawn in. And when loading up games, instead of taking a minute or 2 for a game to boot up and load me in I am looking at 20 seconds now. The controllers are also much better, i am not a fan of how high the L1 and R1 seem to sit on them, but overall they are more comfortable, the share and options buttons are now raised so they are easier to find, and the controller has a light built into it that tells you if your headset is muted. That light is also a mute button that works if your headset is plugged into the controller. On the down side the controller battery only seems to last about half as long as a ps4 controller, but with the charge cables using a usb c cable you no longer have to fumble around trying to figure out which way is up. Just jam it in the controller either side up and you are good to go.
Another big improvement I have found is the new sony headset. I had the newest version of the sony gold headset and I was more than happy with it, but i picked up the pulse 3d headset and the second I put it on I noticed the sound was much better, it was clearer, louder, and the surround sound seemed to work even better. Now I am not one of those guys that even cares all that much about fidelity but I noticed the difference immediately. I may have noticed the difference because I switched headsets in the middle of a game, so there was no buffer period.
Sams club had a drop today so I wouldn't be surprised if a walmart drop comes today or tomorrow. Keep an eye on twitter, usually they give you an hours notice to get ready. Like I said, use the app and make sure all your payment info and shipping address is all set up and you are signed in. Once they become available they will sell out instantly, but walmart does it in stages, every 10 minutes they will put more up in stock, you just have to be waiting, once that 10 minutes is just about to end hit the add to cart button. Once you get it in the cart its still a race to checkout, you want to get through the process as quickly as possible. Just because you have one in your cart does not mean you own it. That final submit order button means you own it. I have been to that last step dozens of times since november only for them to sell out before I could hit that button. (I was using the pc and not the app though.)

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am
Did you pick up the Disk one or the non disk. I want the disk one, I always like having the game for some reason, old school I guess. So the PS4 game cross over is no doubt a plus for me because there isn't really anything that I don't already own for the PS4 I would want to buy. How's streaming Netflix and crap like that, I tend to use my PS4 for streaming..
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:28 am
I got the disc version. I only bought 1 disc version game the entire life of the ps4 but I just like having that option. Streaming is 10 times better! Oh my god it is so improved! You can switch between streaming apps almost instantly now, 5 seconds tops to switch from netflix to hulu. I used to hate switching between apps on the ps4, it was so slow and clunky, now you just hit the ps button, hit the "switcher" tab and boom, you are on whatever app you chose. and while you are on the xmb screen whatever you were playing or watching is still on the screen running. The new home screen is just an overlay onto whatever you are currently doing. And I dont know if its because its a ps5 or if its because I put in all new cables when I got it, but the streaming is much clearer now. It actually is in 4k unlike my old setup. speaking of that, I can see big difference in the ps4 games as well, they are much clearer, brighter, and sharper.
The new xmb setup is nicer now that I have gotten used to it, but at first it was a nightmare navigating it. Still not a fan of the chat room setup, I would prefer they go back to the old setup for chat rooms, but the xmb has grown on me.
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 am
I use the chatroom quite often during gaming, especially in Call of Dookie and Battlefield. The Disc version will no doubt will be my first choice, but I will snag what ever first comes available. The streaming option will be a big plus for me. New Cables will be purchased the same day I can get my hands on one, firm believer, if you're using old cables with new tech you might as well just save your money and use your old stuff.

The xmb I heard from others have the same thoughts about navigating. My Brother has one and he said he actually dislikes it to the point he may switch back to his PS4 until more of his on-line gaming friends get one.
Anonymous
RadRon ????

So did anyone scoop up a PS5? - Page 4 Empty How did you get one ?

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:28 pm
I was lucky enough to get one 3 weeks ago from Best Buy , I have ps5 in my wish list , as soon as you get a notification you have about a minute before they sell out , took me 4 times to finally get mine , I do have a friend that works with n the Magnolia Instalations department , and told me when the shipping was coming in, and still took me 4 TIMES!!!!,  I had to buy the Digital apS5 with an extra controller package, they will not sell single units , only selling in a package with a controller or a game .. so on .Read  Sony is releasing another batch on the 9th !!

Hope all is Well with everyone, been along time over a year since I’ve been online playing! Again hope is well with everyone, take care and hope to see everyone online!
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM

Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:37 am
Hey Ron, thanks for stopping in, glad to see you're back in the gaming scene. I have been trying for the past week and it seems my timing all out sucks. I will keep trying and hope I snag one soon, I am not spending 1000 bucks for one though.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:59 am
They must be having real issues securing enough chips to get these things built. Playstation direct hasn't sold them in over 2 weeks now and the other places like bestbuy and walmart have only had a fraction of drops in the last month or so. For awhile you would see 2-3 drops from different vendors a week.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum