SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
Kill_Frosty
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 15 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:08 pm
MR.BLUE wrote:Paul -- thanks for the hospitality. 

For what it's worth (and as I expressed to Luke), I think the PF's should have been kept open. This honors the long-time faithful by preserving our private sandbox, presents zero liability and/or moderation demands moving forward, and satisfies the public purview of TRS leadership.

That being stated and all differences aside, I have nothing but love, gratitude, and respect for what LUKE, REV, HTK, DOMINO, WARMACHINE, and now ANIMAL, have done all these years at TRS for the SOCOM community. From the bottom of my heart -- thank you for all the years of discussion, camaraderie, hope, possibility, fun, and community! 

Good game, gentlemen.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 15 Woodki10

In memorandum, I think there is only one more thing left for TRS to do; publishing your years-long vision of a digital SOCOM museum. Talk about an epic bow to put on our grand saga. If you must close the curtain, why not do it with a thunder clap.

: )

-----

To me, this is not a solution. I was on the private forums for a while, and then was banned / kicked for what I can only guess is "not being trusted" despite me never doing anything to suggest otherwise. So basically the same 15 guys can jerk each other off in the private forum while the rest of us sit in teh dark wondering wtf happened.
Kill_Frosty
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:12 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
That said, shoutout to Paul for having a spot here for us all. I signed up here a while ago, but forgot about here. I've been here since the start, but don't involve myself in drama. So far from this thread, I learned some a lot of shit has happened and the lot of you sound like you are still in high school. Grow up.

Also 100% agreed TRS staff fucked off a few years ago. Luke disappeared to do whatever, and Animal come over from SOF. Outside of that, all the other staff have been MIA. I remember they were all active on the old official forums, but all we ever got for a response was "there are things behind the scenes" which is BS as one of the main things when TRS was made was to be more open with all that to the community. Instead a private forum was made and no one but the same 15 people knew what was going on.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
MR.BLUE wrote:Paul -- thanks for the hospitality. 

For what it's worth (and as I expressed to Luke), I think the PF's should have been kept open. This honors the long-time faithful by preserving our private sandbox, presents zero liability and/or moderation demands moving forward, and satisfies the public purview of TRS leadership.

That being stated and all differences aside, I have nothing but love, gratitude, and respect for what LUKE, REV, HTK, DOMINO, WARMACHINE, and now ANIMAL, have done all these years at TRS for the SOCOM community. From the bottom of my heart -- thank you for all the years of discussion, camaraderie, hope, possibility, fun, and community! 

Good game, gentlemen.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 15 Woodki10

In memorandum, I think there is only one more thing left for TRS to do; publishing your years-long vision of a digital SOCOM museum. Talk about an epic bow to put on our grand saga. If you must close the curtain, why not do it with a thunder clap.

: )
Hope to see you around, Blue. I could not agree more with you. Sucks things happened the way they did, but at lease Paul had a forum available for us, which we've all obviously found each other on. Honestly hope Luke and Animal return here, and hope things eventually cool off.

Nothin but love for everybody. Except Packer fans...fuck them.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:46 pm
Kill_Frosty wrote:

To me, this is not a solution. I was on the private forums for a while, and then was banned / kicked for what I can only guess is "not being trusted" despite me never doing anything to suggest otherwise. So basically the same 15 guys can jerk each other off in the private forum while the rest of us sit in teh dark wondering wtf happened.

During one of the sites revamps, something happened where the Private Forum had a bunch of issues. If memory serves, the initial barrier to getting into the PFs was simply reaching 1000 posts.

After taking a look around, and seeing that there were a lot of trolls/idiots who were rapidly approaching 1000 posts, it was decided it would be a good idea to remove that requirement and to change the posting rules so that any new member who signed up needed to reach 20 posts before they were allowed to create a thread.

Whatever coding or whatever went into that, also did something that "reset" the PFs where invites and access had to be reissued to people with the changes.

There was a transition period where we actually were at a loss to as who had access and went back and made a list. There were a few other members who were also accidentally overlooked, but they reached out and it was taken care of.

I do remember that you had access and then saw you with a White name and I was puzzled, but there had been members who specifically ASKED to not have access I thought that was probably the case with you. I know you never had any problem speaking your mind and I just assumed you had been contacted and were just like "Fuck it" when they did the reset.

You have my word, that at no time in the PFs were you ever described as disloyal or was it ever discussed that you should have been removed. I can assure you it was simply an oversight that wasnt remedied after the reset.

The ONLY members who were ever intentionally removed from the PFs, to my knowledge, unless there was a "private" Private Forum I didnt know about, were Suade and Ski Mask due to their obvious mental instability.

I really wish you reached out and I honestly feel bad that you spent all this time thinking that you had been banned or something. That really sucks because I can assure you 99.9999% thats not the case. Unless another member thats privvy to something I wasnt aware of towards you specifically wants to chime in, Im certain it was an unfortunate clerical error that removed you from the PFs.
MR.BLUE
MR.BLUE
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
http://TheDivisionIGR.com

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 am
Hey Tomb -- after reading through this thread, I don't know WTF youre talking about.

I have literally zero to do with the Tawok drama youre rambling on about. I know there was tension because I saw and replied to a post that I thought ended in resolution.

I can't ever remember having a problem with Tawok. He always seemed like a nice guy in the forums. That being stated, I've never conspired or teamed up with him on anything, ever.

I posted on TRS over a year ago asking about gravely needed updates. This after being told through the prior year that "big things" were happening behind the scenes. Yet something as simple as a redirect for our previously broken landing page went ignored.

I offered to donate ideas and money. I presented a website design to accelerate discussions. I even attempted to come up with an original content strategy for TRS with Mack in PM.

I offered to work with anyone who also wanted to help improve our community's home and moral.

I was wholly rejected by key holders.

After another year passed with no outcomes, I returned to the topic and detonated. We talked it out and I decided to wipe my hands of giving a shit anymore. Then our landing page was fixed and an updated skin applied.

Now we are here.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 am
MR.BLUE wrote:Hey Tomb -- after reading through this thread, I don't know WTF youre talking about.

I have literally zero to do with the Tawok drama youre rambling on about. I know there was tension because I saw and replied to a post that I thought ended in resolution.

I can't ever remember having a problem with Tawok. He always seemed like a nice guy in the forums. That being stated, I've never conspired or teamed up with him on anything, ever.

I posted on TRS over a year ago asking about gravely needed updates. This after being told through the prior year that "big things" were happening behind the scenes. Yet something as simple as a redirect for our previously broken landing page went ignored.

I offered to donate ideas and money. I presented a website design to accelerate discussions. I even attempted to come up with an original content strategy for TRS with Mack in PM.

I offered to work with anyone who also wanted to help improve our community's home and moral.

After another year passed with no outcomes, I returned to the topic and detonated. We talked it out and I decided to wipe my hands of giving a shit anymore. Then our landing page was fixed and an updated skin applied.

Now we are here.
Well perhaps it wasn't conspiring, perhaps it was just someone seeing someone else say something and then decided to follow suit. But at the time that was going on you guys were attacking the TRS staff and comparing them to Tom and the SOF staff's infractions for not updating the site to the liking of some of the members there. Either way I wouldn't worry about that Blue. I don't see you as a malicious person, maybe just a little over passionate when you want to see something done lol.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:46 am
MR.BLUE wrote:Hey Tomb -- after reading through this thread, I don't know WTF youre talking about.

Now we are here.

I dont think there was any coordination to attack the site going on. I think Blue was genuinely voicing his thoughts and then certain people who like to throw stones from the cheap seats circled in like jackals and tried to draft off what he had started.

Being low test Betas, they didnt have the stones or motivation to call out the staff on what they wanted to cry about, but once Blue lead the way, they were more than happy to come running in and take their bites. I dont think its his fault that a group of effeminate men who couldnt take action on their own used the opportunity he provided them by opening that door.

Betas gonna Beta.

And I really shouldnt even just use the term Beta. No doubt some of them dont even rise to the level of Beta. Theres definitely a couple Omegas in that mix too.

Last edited by MACK IS GOD on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:08 am; edited 2 times in total
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:57 am
MR.BLUE wrote:

none of this can be true though!  luke said nobody ever offered any help ever!  he said he begged and begged and begged for help any we all just laughed at him!!!
your boy luke? he is a twat.  an emo fucking twat.  tawok taught him well...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum