SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
Kill_Frosty
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 16 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:06 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
MACK IS GOD wrote:
Kill_Frosty wrote:

To me, this is not a solution. I was on the private forums for a while, and then was banned / kicked for what I can only guess is "not being trusted" despite me never doing anything to suggest otherwise. So basically the same 15 guys can jerk each other off in the private forum while the rest of us sit in teh dark wondering wtf happened.

During one of the sites revamps, something happened where the Private Forum had a bunch of issues. If memory serves, the initial barrier to getting into the PFs was simply reaching 1000 posts.

After taking a look around, and seeing that there were a lot of trolls/idiots who were rapidly approaching 1000 posts, it was decided it would be a good idea to remove that requirement and to change the posting rules so that any new member who signed up needed to reach 20 posts before they were allowed to create a thread.

Whatever coding or whatever went into that, also did something that "reset" the PFs where invites and access had to be reissued to people with the changes.

There was a transition period where we actually were at a loss to as who had access and went back and made a list. There were a few other members who were also accidentally overlooked, but they reached out and it was taken care of.

I do remember that you had access and then saw you with a White name and I was puzzled, but there had been members who specifically ASKED to not have access I thought that was probably the case with you. I know you never had any problem speaking your mind and I just assumed you had been contacted and were just like "Fuck it" when they did the reset.

You have my word, that at no time in the PFs were you ever described as disloyal or was it ever discussed that you should have been removed. I can assure you it was simply an oversight that wasnt remedied after the reset.

The ONLY members who were ever intentionally removed from the PFs, to my knowledge, unless there was a "private" Private Forum I didnt know about, were Suade and Ski Mask due to their obvious mental instability.

I really wish you reached out and I honestly feel bad that you spent all this time thinking that you had been banned or something. That really sucks because I can assure you 99.9999% thats not the case. Unless another member thats privvy to something I wasnt aware of towards you specifically wants to chime in, Im certain it was an unfortunate clerical error that removed you from the PFs.

Appreciate the attempt but after I was kicked I PMed Luke and he told me that there were some people leaking information from the private forum, and they weren't sure who, so they kicked a lot of people until they could get it sorted out.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:17 pm
Kill_Frosty wrote:
MACK IS GOD wrote:
Kill_Frosty wrote:

To me, this is not a solution. I was on the private forums for a while, and then was banned / kicked for what I can only guess is "not being trusted" despite me never doing anything to suggest otherwise. So basically the same 15 guys can jerk each other off in the private forum while the rest of us sit in teh dark wondering wtf happened.

During one of the sites revamps, something happened where the Private Forum had a bunch of issues. If memory serves, the initial barrier to getting into the PFs was simply reaching 1000 posts.

After taking a look around, and seeing that there were a lot of trolls/idiots who were rapidly approaching 1000 posts, it was decided it would be a good idea to remove that requirement and to change the posting rules so that any new member who signed up needed to reach 20 posts before they were allowed to create a thread.

Whatever coding or whatever went into that, also did something that "reset" the PFs where invites and access had to be reissued to people with the changes.

There was a transition period where we actually were at a loss to as who had access and went back and made a list. There were a few other members who were also accidentally overlooked, but they reached out and it was taken care of.

I do remember that you had access and then saw you with a White name and I was puzzled, but there had been members who specifically ASKED to not have access I thought that was probably the case with you. I know you never had any problem speaking your mind and I just assumed you had been contacted and were just like "Fuck it" when they did the reset.

You have my word, that at no time in the PFs were you ever described as disloyal or was it ever discussed that you should have been removed. I can assure you it was simply an oversight that wasnt remedied after the reset.

The ONLY members who were ever intentionally removed from the PFs, to my knowledge, unless there was a "private" Private Forum I didnt know about, were Suade and Ski Mask due to their obvious mental instability.

I really wish you reached out and I honestly feel bad that you spent all this time thinking that you had been banned or something. That really sucks because I can assure you 99.9999% thats not the case. Unless another member thats privvy to something I wasnt aware of towards you specifically wants to chime in, Im certain it was an unfortunate clerical error that removed you from the PFs.

Appreciate the attempt but after I was kicked I PMed Luke and he told me that there were some people leaking information from the private forum, and they weren't sure who, so they kicked a lot of people until they could get it sorted out.

OK. Thanks for responding. I can assure you that information was never mentioned to any of us. I also dont believe that the rank and file thought that about you for one second and had it been brought to us we wouldnt have agreed with it. I can only speak for myself, but during that time when names were being discussed about possible leaks, I dont recall your name being mentioned.
Oni64
Oni64
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:36 pm
I'll stick around here until TRS comes back or the Socom 1 Servers come back online. Anyways, thank you guys for keeping this forum up for us.
MR.BLUE
MR.BLUE
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
http://TheDivisionIGR.com

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:08 pm
Swill wrote:I think people are being way too hyperbolic. I don't agree with their decision to abruptly close down TRS, but people calling them scumbags and the like need to settle down and stop overreacting. 

I am objectively surprised by some of these comments. 

Independent of recent events or opinion, SOCOM history reads two primary SOCOM fans inspiring-leading OUR community's years-long war to save SOCOM. These personalities were Turban and Lukenbacher.

INSERT >> 'Best of SUK MY TURBAN pt.1' YouTube video I am prevented from posting on these forums.

INSERT >> 'A Decade Of SOCOM' YouTube video I am prevented from posting on these forums.

IMO, no two SOCOM fans left more on the field year after year, video after video, article after article, and campaign after campaign, for our community as they did. Lukenbacher and Turban entertained our imaginations and inspired the SOCOM community to achieve seemingly impossible things.

If there was a SOCOM FANS HOF they would have a bust.

That being stated, I think the way the forums were shut down was f@cking terrible. In this vein, I also think TRS leaderlessness following Lukenbacher's ascension into the triple-A games industry is a) why we find ourselves as we do, and b) this situation was 100% avoidable. Especially considering we actually all achieved a consensus and wanted to redirect our energies away from indie negativity to revamp TRS.

I remember because I offered to donate capital, a temporary but nice front end website for the forums (to fix the broken homepage that no one redirected for more than a year), an original content creation idea with Mack, and anything else I could do to support the revamp solidarity. 

Then the silent reverberation of "big things" echoed from the back-end to stonewall ambitions entirely. 

Then intra drama unfolded, people got pissed, this guy is an asshole, that guys indignant, and everyone is offended. 

INSERT >> 'i was offended - steve hughes' YouTube video I am prevented from posting on these forums.

So what's next?
MR.BLUE
MR.BLUE
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
http://TheDivisionIGR.com

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 pm
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:Paul -- thanks for the hospitality. 

For what it's worth (and as I expressed to Luke), I think the PF's should have been kept open. This honors the long-time faithful by preserving our private sandbox, presents zero liability and/or moderation demands moving forward, and satisfies the public purview of TRS leadership.

That being stated and all differences aside, I have nothing but love, gratitude, and respect for what LUKE, REV, HTK, DOMINO, WARMACHINE, and now ANIMAL, have done all these years at TRS for the SOCOM community. From the bottom of my heart -- thank you for all the years of discussion, camaraderie, hope, possibility, fun, and community! 

Good game, gentlemen.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 16 Woodki10

In memorandum, I think there is only one more thing left for TRS to do; publishing your years-long vision of a digital SOCOM museum. Talk about an epic bow to put on our grand saga. If you must close the curtain, why not do it with a thunder clap.

: )
Hope to see you around, Blue. I could not agree more with you. Sucks things happened the way they did, but at lease Paul had a forum available for us, which we've all obviously found each other on. Honestly hope Luke and Animal return here, and hope things eventually cool off.

Nothin but love for everybody. Except Packer fans...fuck them.

Thank you, Jungle. And Steelers fans!
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:13 am
MR.BLUE wrote:
Swill wrote:I think people are being way too hyperbolic. I don't agree with their decision to abruptly close down TRS, but people calling them scumbags and the like need to settle down and stop overreacting. 

Independent of recent events or opinion, SOCOM history reads two primary SOCOM fans inspiring-leading OUR community's years-long war to save SOCOM. These personalities were Turban and Lukenbacher.

INSERT >> 'Best of SUK MY TURBAN pt.1' YouTube video I am prevented from posting on these forums.

INSERT >> 'A Decade Of SOCOM' YouTube video I am prevented from posting on these forums.

IMO, no two SOCOM fans left more on the field year after year, video after video, article after article, and campaign after campaign, for our community as they did. Lukenbacher and Turban entertained our imaginations and inspired the SOCOM community to achieve seemingly impossible things.

That being stated, I think the way the forums were shut down was f@cking terrible. In this vein, I also think TRS leaderlessness following Lukenbacher's ascension into the triple-A games industry is a) why we find ourselves as we do, and b) this situation was 100% avoidable. Especially considering we actually all achieved a consensus and wanted to redirect our energies away from indie negativity to revamp TRS.

I remember because I offered to donate capital, a temporary but nice front end website for the forums (to fix the broken homepage that no one redirected for more than a year), an original content creation idea with Mack, and anything else I could do to support the revamp solidarity. 

Then the silent reverberation of "big things" echoed from the back-end to stonewall ambitions entirely. 

Then intra drama unfolded, people got pissed, this guy is an asshole, that guys indignant, and everyone is offended. 

INSERT >> 'i was offended - steve hughes' YouTube video I am prevented from posting on these forums.

So what's next?
like i said, lots of people including myself offered to help multiple times and it was always shut down.  now luke shows up here points his finger at all of us and says NOBODY EVER WANTED TO HELP  that is why i say fuck him and the horse he rode in on.  on top of that he came in here and echoed the bs tawok preached to him knowing full well it was all bullshit.  and, fuck him, he is just as much a piece of shit tawok is, and i dont give 2 shits what he did before that.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:12 am
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:

So what's next?
like i said, lots of people including myself offered to help multiple times and it was always shut down.  now luke shows up here points his finger at all of us and says NOBODY EVER WANTED TO HELP  that is why i say fuck him and the horse he rode in on.  on top of that he came in here and echoed the bs tawok preached to him knowing full well it was all bullshit.  and, fuck him, he is just as much a piece of shit tawok is, and i dont give 2 shits what he did before that.

The truth is Luke has been on the holier than thou kick for quite a long time. He simply gets a free pass from the large majority because of what hes done in the past. 

He's always been good at presenting a good PR front to almost everything he does, and its a big reason why people respect him. 

What he posted here would be the exception to that rule. IMO, we witnessed his true beliefs about the community. I get the feeling that he views himself as the ruling elite and the rest of us are just the shit slinging peasants who cannot be trusted. 

Is he truly a scumbag? I don't think he is in the real world, he seems like an alright dude, I just think his views and opinions of himself and the community are incredibly distorted. I also think how hes handling this entire situation and how hes treating the community is pathetic.

Last edited by xCaZx on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:Paul -- thanks for the hospitality. 

For what it's worth (and as I expressed to Luke), I think the PF's should have been kept open. This honors the long-time faithful by preserving our private sandbox, presents zero liability and/or moderation demands moving forward, and satisfies the public purview of TRS leadership.

That being stated and all differences aside, I have nothing but love, gratitude, and respect for what LUKE, REV, HTK, DOMINO, WARMACHINE, and now ANIMAL, have done all these years at TRS for the SOCOM community. From the bottom of my heart -- thank you for all the years of discussion, camaraderie, hope, possibility, fun, and community! 

Good game, gentlemen.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 16 Woodki10

In memorandum, I think there is only one more thing left for TRS to do; publishing your years-long vision of a digital SOCOM museum. Talk about an epic bow to put on our grand saga. If you must close the curtain, why not do it with a thunder clap.

: )
Hope to see you around, Blue. I could not agree more with you. Sucks things happened the way they did, but at lease Paul had a forum available for us, which we've all obviously found each other on. Honestly hope Luke and Animal return here, and hope things eventually cool off.

Nothin but love for everybody. Except Packer fans...fuck them.

Thank you, Jungle. And Steelers fans!

You must REALLY hate your front office after yesterday. You guys make the Bears look like the Pats, even though BOTH are totally inept.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum