SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
MR.BLUE
MR.BLUE
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
http://TheDivisionIGR.com

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 17 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:41 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:Paul -- thanks for the hospitality. 

For what it's worth (and as I expressed to Luke), I think the PF's should have been kept open. This honors the long-time faithful by preserving our private sandbox, presents zero liability and/or moderation demands moving forward, and satisfies the public purview of TRS leadership.

That being stated and all differences aside, I have nothing but love, gratitude, and respect for what LUKE, REV, HTK, DOMINO, WARMACHINE, and now ANIMAL, have done all these years at TRS for the SOCOM community. From the bottom of my heart -- thank you for all the years of discussion, camaraderie, hope, possibility, fun, and community! 

Good game, gentlemen.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 17 Woodki10

In memorandum, I think there is only one more thing left for TRS to do; publishing your years-long vision of a digital SOCOM museum. Talk about an epic bow to put on our grand saga. If you must close the curtain, why not do it with a thunder clap.

: )
Hope to see you around, Blue. I could not agree more with you. Sucks things happened the way they did, but at lease Paul had a forum available for us, which we've all obviously found each other on. Honestly hope Luke and Animal return here, and hope things eventually cool off.

Nothin but love for everybody. Except Packer fans...fuck them.

Thank you, Jungle. And Steelers fans!

You must REALLY hate your front office after yesterday. You guys make the Bears look like the Pats, even though BOTH are totally inept.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 17 23004630_10212300076031258_2094662477132293474_o

To all regarding Lukenbacher -- I get it. You have a gripe. Some of which I've openly stated I agree with.

Shutdown and response aside, these motive proclamations are wildly speculative. Lukenbacher poured his heart out for our community for years and never once put himself before community benefit. Do recent events appear high-horse to paraphrase mildly? I'm not stupid and can certainly see why some are arriving to this conclusion. If this was the only data point we had on Lukenbacher, I might be more inclined to agree. Having 8-years of very public demonstration to cross examine, however, not so much. 

Having stated this, let's assume that ALL of the gripe is true. Let's assume Lukenbacher is the evil villain and all speculation is 100% accurate. Great.

Is SOCOM FANS the new torch bearer for the SOCOM community or a select few? If torch bearer, do we have a vision around here? Who the f@ck is ride or die? If this is new torch, it be great to improve some things such as the current restriction imposed on me as a new member. In today's world of expressive and instant multimedia sharing, not being able to post video for 7 days is a really frustrating thing to experience.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 pm
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:

For what it's worth (and as I expressed to Luke), I think the PF's should have been kept open. This honors the long-time faithful by preserving our private sandbox, presents zero liability and/or moderation demands moving forward, and satisfies the public purview of TRS leadership.

That being stated and all differences aside, I have nothing but love, gratitude, and respect for what LUKE, REV, HTK, DOMINO, WARMACHINE, and now ANIMAL, have done all these years at TRS for the SOCOM community. From the bottom of my heart -- thank you for all the years of discussion, camaraderie, hope, possibility, fun, and community! 

Good game, gentlemen.

In memorandum, I think there is only one more thing left for TRS to do; publishing your years-long vision of a digital SOCOM museum. Talk about an epic bow to put on our grand saga. If you must close the curtain, why not do it with a thunder clap.

Hope to see you around, Blue. I could not agree more with you. Sucks things happened the way they did, but at lease Paul had a forum available for us, which we've all obviously found each other on. Honestly hope Luke and Animal return here, and hope things eventually cool off.

You must REALLY hate your front office after yesterday. You guys make the Bears look like the Pats, even though BOTH are totally inept.

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 17 23004630_10212300076031258_2094662477132293474_o

To all regarding Lukenbacher -- I get it. You have a gripe. Some of which I've openly stated I agree with.

Shutdown and response aside, these motive proclamations are wildly speculative. Lukenbacher poured his heart out for our community for years and never once put himself before community benefit. Do recent events appear high-horse to paraphrase mildly? I'm not stupid and can certainly see why some are arriving to this conclusion. If this was the only data point we had on Lukenbacher, I might be more inclined to agree. Having 8-years of very public demonstration to cross examine, however, not so much. 

Having stated this, let's assume that ALL of the gripe is true. Let's assume Lukenbacher is the evil villain and all speculation is 100% accurate. Great.

Is SOCOM FANS the new torch bearer for the SOCOM community or a select few? If torch bearer, do we have a vision around here? Who the f@ck is ride or die? If this is new torch, it be great to improve some things such as restricting new members from posting video for 7 days. In today's world of expressive and instant multimedia sharing, this is really frustrating to experience.
i am not saying he is an evil villain, i am saying he is a supreme asshole.  i dont like assholes. and i dont go around pointing the finger and calling everyone i see an asshole as some might believe.   for instance, YOU were a major part of h-hour, so was sears, so was tom. i dont know what exactly happened, i have ideas and theories, but i dont have the actual facts.  the one fact i do have is tom tried to hide the fact sears was gone, tom was the one in charge of deleting the forums and banning everyone he saw, that makes tom an asshole to me. fuck him.  have i called you an asshole? have i called sears an asshole? have i blamed that whole clusterfuck on anyone else? nope, why? because none of you have proven to me you are assholes.  but guess what? fuck with people and you go on the asshole list and there aint no getting back off it.  in my world you have to earn the rite to get on the asshole/scumbag list and luke has earned it.   
   what he did for the community before has no bearing on how i see him.   lets say billy whatshisnuts saved 100 babies from dying, then billy whatshisnuts punched a baby in the face, is billy a fantastic guy?  i mean he did save 100 babies from dying, whats one broken baby nose in the grand scheme of things right?

bottom line is, luke never gave a flying fuck about the socom community. if he did he would have handled trs differently and at the fucking absolute least, he would have linked this site in the final thread.  him not doing that proves he did not give the smallest of shits. in my eyes, he can eat a bag of dicks and fuck right off. if we never hear from him again that would be to soon.
UnSeenDeath88
UnSeenDeath88
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:03 pm
I fully agree it has a lot to do with the drama, and trolling from both sides.  I saw just a couple days ago that Luke has gotten a new job also, so maybe that has something to do with it as well, where he can't or doesn't want anything going on or to do with TRS, kind of like on his previous leave for his job with psyonix but more so in this case.  Yea a 24 hour notice or something would have been nice, or hell I've talked and mentioned for awhile that I don't fuck with the Socom part of the forum anymore just the off topic and general sections, and private chats and the private forum that's been mentioned. 

I also don't think we will see a Socom anytime soon, so their little comment about this not being the end is false.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:26 pm
MR.BLUE wrote:
Lukenbacher -- I get it. You have a gripe. Some of which I've openly stated I agree with.

Is SOCOM FANS the new torch bearer for the SOCOM community or a select few? If torch bearer, do we have a vision around here? Who the f@ck is ride or die? If this is new torch, it be great to improve some things such as the current restriction imposed on me as a new member. In today's world of expressive and instant multimedia sharing, not being able to post video for 7 days is a really frustrating thing to experience.

For me personally its not about what hes "done for the community". Im viewing purely the act of shutting down TRS and his response here. 

One has nothing to do with the other. I could have a family member who has been nothing but kind and loving to me my entire life spit in my face and Im not going to pretend they didnt just spit in my face because they had always been loving and kind prior to that.

I have no problem with him shutting down the forums. Its his website. He can do whatever he wants with it for whatever reason he wants. Thats his right and nobody has any place to tell him otherwise.

The problem stems from:

A) The way it was done, with complete disregard for the very people who kept the site alive (whether he liked the content they kept it alive with or not)

B) The explanation and his comments here regarding why. There was no disguising his contempt and disregard for the feelings of people who had respected and cared a great deal for the work he had done. A particular line of his in his comments was something to the tune of "I look forward to seeing what you can do to build a community in this place......Cheers!"

An obviously snide comment that was completely unnecessary and backhanded towards the people who had migrated here. It was also said after he had made sure to not allow this place to be linked for any TRS members who may have been interested in signing up over here so that smacks of pettiness to me. 

He looks forward to seeing what "this place" can do to grow the community while simultaneously taking his ball and going home and not providing the link to this place on the forums he shut down that has the majority of the people who would be interested in joining here.

It was a weak move. I dont think that makes him a bad person or anything, but to frame this situation as anything other than him being petty and spiteful is just inaccurate in my opinion.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm
I joined TRS right after the SOF forum meltdown. Turban was no longer making videos at that time, so I had to go somewhere else to find my SOCOM/HHour news. That was right around the time when Luke left the site as a admin to work on his job. I really never had any interaction with him outside of my first post (which was about hhour cheaters happening already, Luke stated he was concerned about this and surprise surprise Tawok came into there calling me all sorts of names and saying that PC was master race and I was full of shit).

I never had any other interactions with the staff outside of seeing rev post every now and then, seeing rev play S2 with us a few times and interacting with Animal on a monthly basis. I would see their names on the online now area, but they would never post. I honestly dont know how he could come here and say that things were getting done....clearly they wernt or the site wouldnt be read only.

My entire time there, the only visible change they made was redoing the forum layout, removing hhour from the sites homepage and occasionally putting a stream up on the forums (which ironically when Tawok streamed, there was NO WAY to close the stream). There was zero public visible admin involvement in any thing outside of when Luke would "tell" animal to shut a topic down.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:50 pm
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:

Good game, gentlemen.

Is SOCOM FANS the new torch bearer for the SOCOM community or a select few? If torch bearer, do we have a vision around here? Who the f@ck is ride or die? If this is new torch, it be great to improve some things such as restricting new members from posting video for 7 days. In today's world of expressive and instant multimedia sharing, this is really frustrating to experience.
i am not saying he is an evil villain, i am saying he is a supreme asshole.  i dont like assholes. and i dont go around pointing the finger and calling everyone i see an asshole as some might believe.   for instance, YOU were a major part of h-hour, so was sears, so was tom. i dont know what exactly happened, i have ideas and theories, but i dont have the actual facts.  the one fact i do have is tom tried to hide the fact sears was gone, tom was the one in charge of deleting the forums and banning everyone he saw, that makes tom an asshole to me. fuck him.  have i called you an asshole? have i called sears an asshole? have i blamed that whole clusterfuck on anyone else? nope, why? because none of you have proven to me you are assholes.  but guess what? fuck with people and you go on the asshole list and there aint no getting back off it.  in my world you have to earn the rite to get on the asshole/scumbag list and luke has earned it.   
   what he did for the community before has no bearing on how i see him.   lets say billy whatshisnuts saved 100 babies from dying, then billy whatshisnuts punched a baby in the face, is billy a fantastic guy?  i mean he did save 100 babies from dying, whats one broken baby nose in the grand scheme of things right?

bottom line is, luke never gave a flying fuck about the socom community. if he did he would have handled trs differently and at the fucking absolute least, he would have linked this site in the final thread.  him not doing that proves he did not give the smallest of shits. in my eyes, he can eat a bag of dicks and fuck right off. if we never hear from him again that would be to soon.
To be fair though Slick I feel like you are kind of the Smokeyrun on our side of the fence lol. Which is to say that you wouldn't post much unless it was to tear into someone and usually to the extreme. Like with me I feel there are different levels on things. Some guys I have disagreements with or we have it out on the forums and I don't necessarily think they are bad guys or that there is some evil agenda behind them disagreeing with me by default because I had an issue with them. Sometimes I might not like a guy if there starts to be a long running pattern of something but not cause of one issue. With you it seems like it's "You are either my best friend  who agrees with my view or you are the second coming of satan who has declared war on my very existence, choose one because there is no in between" lol.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:32 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:

Good game, gentlemen.

To be fair though Slick I feel like you are kind of the Smokeyrun on our side of the fence lol. Which is to say that you wouldn't post much unless it was to tear into someone and usually to the extreme. Like with me I feel there are different levels on things. Some guys I have disagreements with or we have it out on the forums and I don't necessarily think they are bad guys or that there is some evil agenda behind them disagreeing with me by default because I had an issue with them. Sometimes I might not like a guy if there starts to be a long running pattern of something but not cause of one issue. With you it seems like it's "You are either my best friend  who agrees with my view or you are the second coming of satan who has declared war on my very existence, choose one because there is no in between" lol.

Thats a good point and my question to SLICK would be, if Luke were to say "Hey I can see that maybe I could have handled things better" and owned up to some of the things we're put off by (not that he ever would and I have no expectation he gives a shit), would SLICK budge off his stance?

I agree there are degrees to shit, but whatever Luke is being given credit for for doing in the past doest change the fact that he handled this situation in a petty and spiteful manner.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:
MR.BLUE wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:

Good game, gentlemen.

you of all people should no thats not the case tomb.  how many pages if back and forth did you and I have on socom.com?  we had knock down drag out fights daily on there, i called you every name in the book at least twice.  did i peg you as an asshole?  did i throw you on the scumbag list?  seriously think about it, how many PAGES of back and forth arguing did you and i have?    same goes for dirty wally except dirty wally ended up on the scumbag list.  remember why?  pages of arguing with him and i never thought less of him as a person UNTIL the day he pretended to be his girlfriend and tried nominating himself for the confrontation beta.  from that day forward he was worthless and untrustworthy to me.  

as far as me not posting much, i posted whenever i had something to say. if i read something and i had a thought on it i would post something.  just have a look at my post history for the past month (if that is still allowed)  i posted on a bunch of different things, not just blasting people who deserved to be blasted.

like i already said, i will give anyone a chance, but if the fuck up i am done with them.  pulling some low bullshit like luke just did just shows his true colors, i refuse to be associated with that.  you dont want to be labeled a baby puncher? dont punch a baby...

to answer you mack? nope, he is permanently done in my book, once you lose my trust you can lo longer be trusted, "sorry" "my bad" mean jack shit, he knew what he was doing when he did it.  fuck him.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum