SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 9 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
What happened to TRS activity levels isn't special and it's just a bullshit easy out for the staff.

I don't care what game franchise you want to substitute here, every single one would end up where we are today after our past. That is why activity has dropped off greatly overtime.

With that being said what looks better for the future potential decision makers out there?

A) Having the ONLY major fansite/discussion hub deactivate for months potentially years with its last messaging from staff saying... well guys interest level is dead see you next game! (Sorry Paul no offense intended this place is low key)

OR

B) Let things stay as they were with the 20 or so active members posting weekly. We still have media articles popping up to discuss, xlink related content, old school patches/new tech and ect. That's in addition to the active off topic threads from general gaming to off topic rambling. 

The choice is clear. Only positives would come from keeping the community alive and it sends a message that Socom isn't dead because there is one community left supporting it.

Let's just be honest though and admit it's the behind the scenes drama that caused this. You don't like group A fighting with group B when they play xlink essentially. Deal with it and stop acting like our mother. Yes there was some spillover drama but has been OFF the forums for awhile now. I don't care what game or social group it is, people don't get along and fights happen, welcome to earth. Honestly if some of those posters stop visiting TRS because of xlink drama, who cares? Is this about numbers for ad revenue lol?

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who spectated the drama from far. Guess what? I survived just fine and it had no impact on my visits to the site ever. You preach about divided communities well guess what, you just put the final nail in the coffin for good. I guess it's your right to destroy what you made right? Well good luck with that and good luck getting in our good graces in the future
eVo7
eVo7
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
At the end of the day this has no bearing on whether I get on and play SOCOM 2 on Xlink with the fellas or not.
Organ-Donor
Organ-Donor
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 am
Wow. Sad to see. I've been more of a lurker as of late on TRS but still knew I always had a place to go to read and converse with Socom fanatics like myself. The future of Socom looks grim but there was still a "home" there. In addition to conversing about Socom, xlink play, other games, or just off topic discussions. I luckily randomly discovered this site here on my own, can't say the same for others that visited TRS or are out of the loop. I'm glad to see familiar faces here. I stayed out of the drama but shit happens. I'm not aware of the final straw or what went down. Personally I have thick skin and nothing ever bothered or offended me on TRS. I also agree that final warning and then permabanning repeat offenders would be a better option than "read only" aka closing up shop.
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:08 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
eVo7 wrote:At the end of the day this has no bearing on whether I get on and play SOCOM 2 on Xlink with the fellas or not.

I feel the same way. Good point.

Also, if anyone wants to like a post by some one you will see a small plus or minus sign upper right side with in the post. Just click on one or the other. Yes, the minus sign implies you didn't care for the remark..

It doesn't show who agrees or disagrees with your post, but it does tally up the total and displays under your name..
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
The main issue I take with Luke is that he only seems to be impartial when talking in generalities. So he may say for example in any situation "There is blame for both sides" when something goes down but when he actually speak specifics, talks on specific things that have happened the blame seems to all go to one side. Almost like the generalities of saying there is blame on both sides is just some sort of PR talking point to make it appear as though he's coming from a place of neutrality when he blames one side.

I mean sure I can say there are guys here who acted like assholes when it came to content creators nonsensically discouraging people from making youtube videos and posting them on TRS. Or complaining about e-seals when it didn't really affect them as none of them were planning on joining e-seals. They should have just had a "you do you and we'll do us" type mindset and left people alone  who did want to participate in e-seals.

But I mean things like the community division was all from the other side of the coin. It was Tawok and company who made the push to get people out of community night, who forced a divide, who then immediately started spamming the boards to convince anyone who would listen to join their community night. They forced the division and tried to make everyone choose sides. Luke and Animal seemed to have no problem with the division until that first weekend after the divide. Once it became apparent that a small minority from the site were choosing to play with Tawok while everyone else kept playing with the ones they tried to blacklist all of a sudden everyone was now upset about division. I have no doubt in my mind had it went the other way and everyone flocked to go play with Tawok and blackballed Mack, evo, and diz, there would have been no issue taken with the divided community. Issue was only taken once is was apparent it was not going to turn out the way they hoped.

As for people bitching about TRS not overhauling the site to their liking. Luke seemed to try to slip that in into his rant about what guys on this side of the coin did wrong. In fact guys on this side of the coin were the ones defending Animal, War Machine, and rev when a campaign kicked off to start questioning their leadership and comparing them to Tom and the SOF crew. This campaign which mostly consisted of Blue, Tawok, and Bigfry at the time seemed coordinated and like they were all using talking points from the same cue cards when attacking the staff. Oddly enough, in the same paragraph Luke rants about that he kind of pats the ring leader of that (Blue) on the back at the end of the very paragraph where he rants about that.

The last issue I took with the site is for a staff who said they had a no tolerance policy for people getting political, their moderation model for the last 8 months or so before this shut down was extremely political and almost an "SJW" mindset in the way they handled every issue. This is not to say some guys here did not cross the line and say shit that was over the line but it seemed at some point TRS staff felt like the best way to deal with the pressure of guys saying they let people get away with murder is to over correct and become a bastion of political correctness to the point you had to walk on eggshells. Even innocuous comments started getting branded "political talk" that came with warnings. People complaining about PC culture sprouting up were considered to be "getting political" but the people trying to push that PC culture in some cases to SJW like levels were never considered to be "getting political". So there was definitely a left wing bias going on there. It almost felt at one point that we had staff from MSNBC moderating the site.

At the time when I first joined TRS I was actually a pretty liberal guy. The way people came in and tried to inject a PC culture there and SJW type guidelines to what could or could not be said and how annoying it became over time almost in and of itself led to me being red pilled lol.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:35 am
I give everyone a chance, just one though, blow it and you are done. trs is done, after the sofs move they pulled and then not even linking this site as an alternative tells me what kind of people they actually are. paul built this site around the same time trs was built, paul took a back seat all this time and let trs be the social hub and next to never mentioned his site, now trs throws the middle finger at all of its supporters and throws 2 middle fingers to paul.  100% just throwing out a big fuck you to their long time supporters, well guess what? i can do the same. 

redline, sofs, tawok, stealth, fry, zipper, celerity, they all started off with my support, they all blew it, they all are permanently on my bash list.  I know i have sent over a 1000 links to trs to various people for info on stuff, i sent 75 people to sofs when they first started up, a handful of them donated towards h hour.  i sent at least 20 people to tawoks stream and everyone i knew i took into ps home to show them the trs video.    all of that is done,  when you act the way the above acted you dont deserve the support of anyone.  from here on out anything trs does will be met with a description of the scum like moves they just made.  it will be pointed out they they sided with the known scum bags of the socom world, redline, tawok, fry, all well known dirt bags that trs loves rubbing elbows with.  so cangrats trs, you just made the list. you are now listed with all the other scum that has infected the socom community, job well done!  

last bit of advice to trs.  maybe you should call up wrath, i bet he is looking for some friends, he should fit right in.
Anonymous

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:36 pm
S_L_I_C_K wrote:I give everyone a chance, just one though, blow it and you are done. trs is done, after the sofs move they pulled and then not even linking this site as an alternative tells me what kind of people they actually are. paul built this site around the same time trs was built, paul took a back seat all this time and let trs be the social hub and next to never mentioned his site, now trs throws the middle finger at all of its supporters and throws 2 middle fingers to paul.  100% just throwing out a big fuck you to their long time supporters, well guess what? i can do the same. 

redline, sofs, tawok, stealth, fry, zipper, celerity, they all started off with my support, they all blew it, they all are permanently on my bash list.  I know i have sent over a 1000 links to trs to various people for info on stuff, i sent 75 people to sofs when they first started up, a handful of them donated towards h hour.  i sent at least 20 people to tawoks stream and everyone i knew i took into ps home to show them the trs video.    all of that is done,  when you act the way the above acted you dont deserve the support of anyone.  from here on out anything trs does will be met with a description of the scum like moves they just made.  it will be pointed out they they sided with the known scum bags of the socom world, redline, tawok, fry, all well known dirt bags that trs loves rubbing elbows with.  so cangrats trs, you just made the list. you are now listed with all the other scum that has infected the socom community, job well done!  

last bit of advice to trs.  maybe you should call up wrath, i bet he is looking for some friends, he should fit right in.
TRS closes forums.  Now we're on par with a company that took a quarter of a million dollars from the community and repeatedly lied about major shit in addition to all the other crap they pulled, and also a guy that is known as a pedophile.

Glad to see no one's blowing all this out of proportion, lol.  Next time I have a party remind me to hire you as the planner, you sound like a blast to be around.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:46 pm
Animal-_- wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:I give everyone a chance, just one though, blow it and you are done. trs is done, after the sofs move they pulled and then not even linking this site as an alternative tells me what kind of people they actually are. paul built this site around the same time trs was built, paul took a back seat all this time and let trs be the social hub and next to never mentioned his site, now trs throws the middle finger at all of its supporters and throws 2 middle fingers to paul.  100% just throwing out a big fuck you to their long time supporters, well guess what? i can do the same. 

TRS closes forums.  Now we're on par with a company that took a quarter of a million dollars from the community and repeatedly lied about major shit in addition to all the other crap they pulled, and also a guy that is known as a pedophile.

Glad to see no one's blowing all this out of proportion, lol.  Next time I have a party remind me to hire you as the planner, you sound like a blast to be around.
I never said you were the same as them, i said you get 1 chance and you blew it. now you go in that pile with those guys.  the level of scumbag means nothing to me, just being a scumbag qualifies you for the list.  plus, redline and tawok and the gang were already forgiven by trs so, you are who you hang with right?  you made your bed, now sleep in it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum