SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 32 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:40 am
dizee wrote:I wouldnt even worry about what Swill says @1UP. I know he doesnt speak for you.

He is the type of person who would take his wife or gf back over and over after she constantly cheated over and over. There are only so many "Sorry, I will never do that again" that a average person would put up with.

I'm not putting up with it.

My .02 cents.

I fully support the stance you guys are taking and I am not sure why some people are so hell bent on trying to make you kiss and make up with the other side. Fuck those guys, they haven't contributed anything positive to the socom community and are just a bunch of leeches looking for a teet to suckle.

As far as the hexum video goes. He does seem to be doing a bunch of deflecting...BUT if it really was published 3 months ago I am not sure how much it really proves your point.

We all know there was much more to the TRS shut down than what was publicly acknowledged. There really is no need for any damning evidence...its glaringly obvious.

I don't see this crusade getting you anywhere..but then again I don't think that is the point. So as far as I am concerned...more power to you guys.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 am
xCaZx wrote:
dizee wrote:I wouldnt even worry about what Swill says @1UP. I know he doesnt speak for you.

He is the type of person who would take his wife or gf back over and over after she constantly cheated over and over. There are only so many "Sorry, I will never do that again" that a average person would put up with.

My .02 cents.

I fully support the stance you guys are taking and I am not sure why some people are so hell bent on trying to make you kiss and make up with the other side. Fuck those guys, they haven't contributed anything positive to the socom community and are just a bunch of leeches looking for a teet to suckle.

As far as the hexum video goes. He does seem to be doing a bunch of deflecting...BUT if it really was published 3 months ago I am not sure how much it really proves your point.

We all know there was much more to the TRS shut down than what was publicly acknowledged. There really is no need for any damning evidence...its glaringly obvious.

I don't see this crusade getting you anywhere..but then again I don't think that is the point. So as far as I am concerned...more power to you guys.

It was published August 30th, well after Eseals had their own section on the forums and a month after the whole TRS Community night split. So it was made after all of those things occurred. The whole 3 months ago thing, is again, another thing Swill has gotten wrong. August 31 to Oct 25 (sites closure) = 55 days roughly. 3 months = 90 days roughly.

But again, nobody said this was going to be earthshocking news. But anyone denying that it doesnt do exactly what I stated it does is just flat out wrong. It confirms things that TRS staff was saying were conspiracies and thats why its relevant. Like Mack said in our Discord, just knowing something isnt proof. We all knew they were full of shit, but now its been proven they are full of shit.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'm going to add my thoughts on the whole xlink and "division" stuff. Now as far as the "competitive" or "eseals" stuff goes people say it divides the community or whatever but really that argument could be made for any room going that plays outside the standard default Socom rules.

If you are playing with the same intensity as the days of old with clan wars and getting upset, cussing people out because you believe they did something stupid that cost you the round sure, the average player who just wants to have a good time and not take it so seriously might not want to play in such rooms. By the same token they probably don't want to play in a room that is so laid back people are firing rockets and 203's.

If you don't play in an e-seals room, or a "fun nights" room, and just start room hopping to rooms of the standard x-link players you will find the "public room" players of today still play with the same public room mindset of back in the day where they don't like cheaters, glitchers, 203's, RPGs, IWs, or elitist armchair warriors who lecture them on how easily they would have taken out those last two guys if they had been the last one alive instead of the person they think did something stupid. So if you are in any room that plays outside of those parameters you are likely seen by the standard room players as people making rooms they aren't interested in playing in.

Now personally I don't care. I think everyone should play the way they want, they can make a room with whatever rules they want and likely should password it or put in the room title something to tip people off if they are going to be a 203/RPG friendly room or an eseals competitive room. But I mean I've always kind of found it funny when two sides that are probably both equally disliked by the standard room players argue over who is dividing the already small community. I mean if you're going to debate things you don't like that the other is doing don't make division a part of the argument because you both lose if that is the argument lol.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 am
Since people are throwing away e-money right now, here's my two cents, LOL.

If you guys don't want to be friends, that is fine with me. I would never want to force you guys to be friends, nor would I speak for you in that regard. We're all our own persons. I just want the mudslinging to stop, FROM ALL SIDES. it's getting us nowhere. That's been my stance this entire time. Be mad at each other, get it off your chests, say shitty things to each other, validate your stances, and then eventually move on.

As I said, I have tried to ignore this situation hoping it would die down, and I can no longer do that. I've got much appreciation and respect for a lot of people in this community for any number of reasons. The only people involved that I have ever taken issue with are Suade for obvious reasons, and McButtz for his stolen valor bullshit.

That doesn't mean I want all of you guys koombayahing it up around a campfire, because I don't ever expect that to happen, and that's fine. Getting shit on the way all involved have is something you just can't instantly forgive, because it's gone far past SOCOM shit talking. We all know this. What I do want is for all of you to just move on. Stop talking to each other, about each other, and just have fun playing SOCOM again. Have fun talking about shit here. Food, beer, games, sports, SOCOM, whatever. I want to be able to promote the Fun Nights games, Tawok's games, and whoever else's games on the forums like we were doing at TRS, whether they get streamed or not, and reboot that grassroots movement that started up earlier in the year.

It's time to put this shit to bed fellas. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean admitting defeat. It just means admitting this has become nothing but a war of attrition.

Another thing: we all know why TRS went read only. It was because of the drama. That drama was a byproduct of the reasons Luke and Animal provided. No SOCOM to talk about for a while now fueled the fire for the drama. No bones about it. There shouldn't be a need for Luke and Animal to openly say, yeah, we closed down discussions because of the drama. It's common sense. The majority of posts lately were about drama of some sort. I'm not saying I didn't do my part to contribute, but it is what it is. If preserving SOCOM history is truly Luke's intention, which I believe it is, then all of that nonsense would do nothing but make that difficult. I'm not a fan of how they went about doing it, but I have no beef with them. There's nothing we can do about it now, so there's no reason to keep being pissed about it.

Again, just my 2 cents. Each person has their own opinion about things, and I respect that...

Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am
dizee wrote:

Lol, where in the world did you get, "He is the type of person who would take his wife or gf back over and over after she constantly cheated over and over." I don't ever remember saying that's something I would do. Or, is it just another one of your character assumptions you lump onto people you know nothing about personally and that you've never had any interactions with except over the internet?

"I'm not putting up with it." Yeah, yeah. We know. As I said, you're a gigantic man-child with the maturity level of a 12 year old who doesn't have the capacity to act like an adult, talk out your problems with people, and move on. We know the whole sad story by now lol.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 am
dizee wrote:
xCaZx wrote:

My .02 cents.

It was published August 30th, well after Eseals had their own section on the forums and a month after the whole TRS Community night split. So it was made after all of those things occurred. The whole 3 months ago thing, is again, another thing Swill has gotten wrong. August 31 to Oct 25 (sites closure) = 55 days roughly. 3 months = 90 days roughly.

But again, nobody said this was going to be earthshocking news. But anyone denying that it doesnt do exactly what I stated it does is just flat out wrong. It confirms things that TRS staff was saying were conspiracies and thats why its relevant. Like Mack said in our Discord, just knowing something isnt proof. We all knew they were full of shit, but now its been proven they are full of shit.

All of this is flat out wrong. Again, the video was posted at the end of August. That was long before the forums were shut down, no matter what time frame anyone puts on it. On top of that, the discussions they had with TRS about combining things happened long BEFORE that video was even posted. If the forums had been shut down due to influence from people like Hexum as you're suggesting, it would have happened far sooner than it did.

Lastly, the video proves absolutely nothing. I have the video and have listened to it multiple times. Your entire premise hangs on "Animal's job was to keep the toxic people off the site." That could mean any number of different things. That could mean, "Animal's job was to moderate." That could mean, "Animal's job was to keep TRS clean." That could mean, "Animal's job was the make TRS welcoming." It could mean any number of things, but you're choosing to prescribe the interpretation of, "Animal's job was to close the site, kick off the toxic people, and reopen it for us later." It's pure speculation and nothing is proven. It's just your own biased interpretation of that phrase Hexum used, nothing more.

I don't care for Hexum nor particularly like him, but I call a spade a spade regardless of who's on what side. As I said earlier in this thread and as I guessed, you were reaching for straws and trying to see the narrative you wanted to see, not what it really was.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:07 am
1UP wrote:
Swill wrote:
dizee wrote:

No, you bring him Tawok up here because you want to take a spin on the ice for being the peacemaker for "patching" things up. All you have done, is gotten a bunch of people who hate each other to sit down for a dinner where they talk about the weather for 60 minutes. They all still hate each other and as soon as temps get right again, another shit tornado meltdown will occur.  I have told you since August that I am not interested in doing that sort of thing. I have no interest in being involved in that environment.

Hexum's video is relevant to this thread, as evident by people who have seen it and posted here, people who are now in Tawok's discord and patching things up as you said. This isnt a tinfoil conspiracy, this is something that 100% proves what TRS was saying is phony. You havent seen it and you never will because he refuses to put it back up and theres a reason for that.

Yada yada yada. My point still stands. You're an immature child who wants to hold grudges for an eternity because you don't have the balls or the sensibility to act like an adult, grow the fuck up, and move on from the past. You can try to speak for the people who joined Tawok's channel, but the evidence is in action. They joined. They're at least mildly interested in seeing things improve. Myself, 1UP, Evo, Paul, Jungle, we've been having cordial, normal conversations with Tawok and Co. all day in the Discord over there, so you can say what you want to keep deluding yourself.

As for the rest, again, posting about Hexum's video doesn't add anything worthwhile or significant. We all already know why TRS was shut down. Seeing or not seeing Hexum's video doesn't change anything. You wanted to post about it so you can continue to act like a brat, throw shade at people, and continue the drama you so desperately need to continue. Again, you're part of the problem and you no longer have any room to claim you're a victim, because if you wanted to be part of the solution and help things move forward in a positive way, you could. Yet, you refuse to.

Please do not speak for me. I have yet to have a meaningful conversation with Tawok and as of this morning he killed any attempt of that happening.

It's rather funny how you get on him for speaking for people but here you are doing the same fucking thing and you have no idea what my thoughts are on the situation.

Since you haven't seemed to clue in on it yet, I thought I'd go ahead and give you the courtesy of letting you in on it with one last response.

I think you're a complete moron/troll, as you seem to always either completely misconstrue what I'm saying or you fail spectacularly to comprehend it, literally almost every single time. So, I don't respond to you anymore, nor will I after this courtesy response. If you want to respond to my comments and waste your time in doing so, then by all means, go for it. Just know that, when you do, it's a victory for me because you'll be lured into wasting your time writing something that will never be read by me or responded to by me.

But hey, by all means, carry on.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:26 am
Tactical Junglist wrote:Since people are throwing away e-money right now, here's my two cents, LOL.

If you guys don't want to be friends, that is fine with me.  I would never want to force you guys to be friends, nor would I speak for you in that regard. We're all our own persons. I just want the mudslinging to stop, FROM ALL SIDES. it's getting us nowhere. That's been my stance this entire time. Be mad at each other, get it off your chests, say shitty things to each other, validate your stances, and then eventually move on.

As I said, I have tried to ignore this situation hoping it would die down, and I can no longer do that. I've got much appreciation and respect for a lot of people in this community for any number of reasons. The only people involved that I have ever taken issue with are Suade for obvious reasons, and McButtz for his stolen valor bullshit.

That doesn't mean I want all of you guys koombayahing it up around a campfire, because I don't ever expect that to happen, and that's fine. Getting shit on the way all involved have is something you just can't instantly forgive, because it's gone far past SOCOM shit talking. We all know this. What I do want is for all of you to just move on. Stop talking to each other, about each other, and just have fun playing SOCOM again. Have fun talking about shit here. Food, beer, games, sports, SOCOM, whatever. I want to be able to promote the Fun Nights games, Tawok's games, and whoever else's games on the forums like we were doing at TRS, whether they get streamed or not, and reboot that grassroots movement that started up earlier in the year.

It's time to put this shit to bed fellas. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean admitting defeat. It just means admitting this has become nothing but a war of attrition.

Another thing: we all know why TRS went read only. It was because of the drama. That drama was a byproduct of the reasons Luke and Animal provided. No SOCOM to talk about for a while now fueled the fire for the drama. No bones about it. There shouldn't be a need for Luke and Animal to openly say, yeah, we closed down discussions because of the drama. It's common sense. The majority of posts lately were about drama of some sort. I'm not saying I didn't do my part to contribute, but it is what it is. If preserving SOCOM history is truly Luke's intention, which I believe it is, then all of that nonsense would do nothing but make that difficult. I'm not a fan of how they went about doing it, but I have no beef with them. There's nothing we can do about it now, so there's no reason to keep being pissed about it.

Again, just my 2 cents. Each person has their own opinion about things, and I respect that...

there has been drama on trs since day one. so that excuse does not fly with me. the reason they closed it down is because luke and a few others changed their stances. luke is cool with redline, luke is cool with sofs, luke does not want people speaking the truth about them anymore. apparently luke likes taking it in the ass by people like redline. who knew?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum