SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 28 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 pm
Swill wrote:Just read all of the recent craziness. My own personal thoughts:

1) I'm going to assume it's very likely that there's been personal biases applied to whatever was heard on the video. Unfortunately, a number of people here have a habit of either intentionally or unintentionally misconstruing the things people say. For example, "Animal is in charge of controlling people to be less toxic on his site" can be taken any number of ways. It can mean, "Animal is the mod of TRS". It can mean, "Animal is in charge of keeping TRS clean". It can mean, "Animal is in charge of purging the unwanted people from the site." Whatever biases you have in relation to the drama is going to determine how you interpret that.

2) Luke has openly tweeted directly to Tawok that he would be included in the people banned from the site if/when TRS reopens. In fact, here:

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 28 Luke10

That doesn't sound like a conspiracy to me, unless you want to tell me that Luke's tweet was just all part of the act, at which point you'd just be clutching at straws.

People from here have already started to move over to Tawok's channel to start ending this non-sense and get things back to normal. I've joined, 1UP has joined, Evo has joined, and Paul has joined. If you want to be part of the solution and help to start moving things in a positive direction, I encourage you to do the same. If you want to bed yourself in with the rest of the childish idiots who want to continue dragging the drama out because they're not mature enough to let the past be the past and move forward, then go ahead and continue to be part of the problem.

And your first point could be totally proven right or wrong if he would make it public again, yet he wont. Ever stop and wonder why?

I could care less if "other" people are mending fences with Tawok. Why are you even bringing him up? He wasnt mentioned at all in this thread tonight. But to answer your question, they can do whatever they want. If that means its me and slick as the only ones on the same side of the fence, I am perfectly fine with that.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm
dizee wrote:

And your first point could be totally proven right or wrong if he would make it public again, yet he wont. Ever stop and wonder why?

I could care less if "other" people are mending fences with Tawok. Why are you even bringing him up? He wasnt mentioned at all in this thread tonight. But to answer your question, they can do whatever they want. If that means its me and slick as the only ones on the same side of the fence, I am perfectly fine with that.

Why am I bringing him up? I'm bringing him up because there's a few dweebs on this site who think there's a conspiracy between the "SJW's" and Luke/Animal to purge TRS, as if the decision to close down the forums was either instigated or determined by Tawok's "side", which regardless of what's on Hexum's video, is completely debunked by an open, public tweet from Luke. The fact is that the decision to shut down TRS was taken by TRS and TRS alone. It wasn't instigated or influenced by anyone outside the site. If you want to believe there was, then you need to loosen your tinfoil hat.

Good. Stay here. You're part of the problem at this point anyways. You've shown time and again that you aren't mature enough to act like a reasonable adult and work to solve the problems you have with people instead of holding eternal grudges. You'd rather act like a child and throw your toys out the pram and continuously fuel useless fires, just like the comment about Hexum's video in this thread. It was completely pointless to start that fire, because as you already said, everyone is already fully aware of why TRS was shut down. We didn't need you bringing up something completely useless and continuing more drama to remind us of that.
hexum
hexum
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 pm

1) I'm going to assume it's very likely that there's been personal biases applied to whatever was heard on the video. Unfortunately, a number of people here have a habit of either intentionally or unintentionally misconstruing the things people say. For example, "Animal is in charge of controlling people to be less toxic on his site" can be taken any number of ways. It can mean, "Animal is the mod of TRS". It can mean, "Animal is in charge of keeping TRS clean". It can mean, "Animal is in charge of purging the unwanted people from the site." Whatever biases you have in relation to the drama is going to determine how you interpret that.

2) Luke has openly tweeted directly to Tawok that he would be included in the people banned from the site if/when TRS reopens. In fact, here:

That doesn't sound like a conspiracy to me, unless you want to tell me that Luke's tweet was just all part of the act, at which point you'd just be clutching at straws.

People from here have already started to move over to Tawok's channel to start ending this non-sense and get things back to normal. I've joined, 1UP has joined, Evo has joined, and Paul has joined. If you want to be part of the solution and help to start moving things in a positive direction, I encourage you to do the same. If you want to bed yourself in with the rest of the childish idiots who want to continue dragging the drama out because they're not mature enough to let the past be the past and move forward, then go ahead and continue to be part of the problem.

This.

TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 pm
hexum wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
hexum wrote:

I really want to see how many people actually care.  I dont think its more than you two

I'd say make it public if Bacterin says sure he doesn't care, but if he does care and doesn't want it shared then don't as I get the whole thing of people not liking their comments being public if they weren't aware that was going to be the case. But I mean if what you said is not as bad as they are making it out to be then people will pick up on that as not everyone is going to see it through the same lens. Like for example, I agree with most of what these guys say in exchanges they have had with other community members but like when they were complaining about SkiMask team killing evo while he was AFK and not even playing my thoughts were "So what? Team killing an AFK player is not proof of something malicious, we all do it when we don't feel like watching rounds drag on because of non players sitting at the spawn". So I feel like if diz or Mack are reading more into it then what was said because they are coming from a place of bias then others are not going to hear what they heard and will just hear it for what it is if your assertion is right and they are making something out of nothing.

I hear where youre coming from.  Its already shown to be taken out of context and used to prolong drama.  If people want they can ask.  It looks like a good portion of the users on this site and TRS are attempting to get out of the drama.  Im not gonna give any more fuel for fire

Well yeah they are taking it out of context so that's why I am saying you should give it some context so that people don't just take Mack or diz's word for it and then just run with that.

Context is important because like let's say you said to Luke or Animal "Hey man, we'd like to use the site so we can stream our tournaments and get more exposure and build more interest in it but it seems the guys there aren't too friendly when it comes to outsiders streaming or putting their video content on the site" and Luke/Animal says " I hear you, I'll talk to the guys and make it clear this site is for everyone not just them" that to me is not a big deal and is even a fair concern based on the responses some got when they tried to put up their content on the site.

But now if Luke/Animal says in response "don't worry, we're going to phase these guys out eventually so you won't have to worry about them in the future" or something like that, that would be much different. You can have two scenarios similar in nature but vastly different in their implications. So this is why full context is important. Without context everyone can just spin something to fit into a narrative. They can make it as extreme or as innocuous as they want it to be without the context around to frame it properly.

I mean whatever, if you feel like it will just create drama and would rather not go there it is what it is as they say. It's not much of a biggie to me anymore because the way I see it we didn't really lose anything. We still have a forum to talk Socom, Fantasy Football, and all the other shit we talked about there so I'm not feeling much of a loss, the only thing that's really different is the forum art in the background we're posting on so if I never unravel the whole mystery of the shutdown, eh, whatever, shit happens. But I mean of course with all the years we did spend on the forum, sure I'll still have curiosity about what exactly was going on behind the scenes, what they might not have been telling us, but I won't lose any sleep over it if the answers never come.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 pm
Swill wrote:
dizee wrote:

Why am I bringing him up? I'm bringing him up because there's a few dweebs on this site who think there's a conspiracy between the "SJW's" and Luke/Animal to purge TRS, as if the decision to close down the forums was either instigated or determined by Tawok's "side", which regardless of what's on Hexum's video, is completely debunked by an open, public tweet from Luke. The fact is that the decision to shut down TRS was taken by TRS and TRS alone. It wasn't instigated or influenced by anyone outside the site. If you want to believe there was, then you need to loosen your tinfoil hat.

Good. Stay here. You're part of the problem at this point anyways. You've shown time and again that you aren't mature enough to act like a reasonable adult and work to solve the problems you have with people instead of holding eternal grudges. You'd rather act like a child and throw your toys out the pram and continuously fuel useless fires, just like the comment about Hexum's video in this thread. It was completely pointless to start that fire, because as you already said, everyone is already fully aware of why TRS was shut down. We didn't need you bringing up something completely useless and continuing more drama to remind us of that.

No, you bring him Tawok up here because you want to take a spin on the ice for being the peacemaker for "patching" things up. All you have done, is gotten a bunch of people who hate each other to sit down for a dinner where they talk about the weather for 60 minutes. They all still hate each other and as soon as temps get right again, another shit tornado meltdown will occur. I have told you since August that I am not interested in doing that sort of thing. I have no interest in being involved in that environment.

Hexum's video is relevant to this thread, as evident by people who have seen it and posted here, people who are now in Tawok's discord and patching things up as you said. This isnt a tinfoil conspiracy, this is something that 100% proves what TRS was saying is phony. You havent seen it and you never will because he refuses to put it back up and theres a reason for that.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 pm
hexum wrote:

This.

You don't get off scot-free either Hexum. Making the video private and refusing to publicize clearly shows you either did something you shouldn't have done or are hiding something you don't want people to see. I disagree with 99% of what Dizee says, but I definitely agree with him in that if you don't publicize the video, it looks terrible on you.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 pm
It really doesnt even matter at this point. It only basically confirmed what we already knew. Its not Earth shattering information.
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 pm
dizee wrote:
Swill wrote:
dizee wrote:

No, you bring him Tawok up here because you want to take a spin on the ice for being the peacemaker for "patching" things up. All you have done, is gotten a bunch of people who hate each other to sit down for a dinner where they talk about the weather for 60 minutes. They all still hate each other and as soon as temps get right again, another shit tornado meltdown will occur.  I have told you since August that I am not interested in doing that sort of thing. I have no interest in being involved in that environment.

Hexum's video is relevant to this thread, as evident by people who have seen it and posted here, people who are now in Tawok's discord and patching things up as you said. This isnt a tinfoil conspiracy, this is something that 100% proves what TRS was saying is phony. You havent seen it and you never will because he refuses to put it back up and theres a reason for that.

Yada yada yada. My point still stands. You're an immature child who wants to hold grudges for an eternity because you don't have the balls or the sensibility to act like an adult, grow the fuck up, and move on from the past. You can try to speak for the people who joined Tawok's channel, but the evidence is in action. They joined. They're at least mildly interested in seeing things improve. Myself, 1UP, Evo, Paul, Jungle, we've been having cordial, normal conversations with Tawok and Co. all day in the Discord over there, so you can say what you want to keep deluding yourself.

As for the rest, again, posting about Hexum's video doesn't add anything worthwhile or significant. We all already know why TRS was shut down. Seeing or not seeing Hexum's video doesn't change anything. You wanted to post about it so you can continue to act like a brat, throw shade at people, and continue the drama you so desperately need to continue. Again, you're part of the problem and you no longer have any room to claim you're a victim, because if you wanted to be part of the solution and help things move forward in a positive way, you could. Yet, you refuse to.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum